3. Carnival Spirit
My wife (28) and I (27) took this crusie as part of our honeymoon. We booked this cruiseline knowing that Carnival target families, but had hoped that being well out of School holidays it wouldn't be too bad. Unfortuantely, there were loads of kids! I must say the ship is fairly well equipped for families/children, but i wish parents would respect other travellers by LOOKING AFTER THEIR KIDS AND NOT LET THEM RUN WILD! Not Carnivals fault, but I do wish that staff would speak up when kids are running around through the buffett etc. Both Embarkment and Disembarkment went smoothly and was efficient. Real easy to get to/from the ship via the Train. The ship is not bad, a little bit over the top with the decorations! They do grow on you though! The food onboard was a mixuture of really good, good and really average. The main points with the food are; Buffet food was always only just warm, never hot - this was a disapointment. Temperature aside, some dishes were tasty and some a bit bland. There was a lot of choice so you should find something reasonable here. The 24hour Pizza - WE LOVED THIS - freshly made bases are the key to great pizza and thankfully Carnival did not disapoint. Main dinning room - Staff were awesome, I would class the food mainly as good 3 star type dishes with the odd dish being closer to 4 star and the odd disapointment. So if your expecting the best quality food, you wont find it on this line. If your expectations are not extremely high then the food will be fine. I must say, I thought Carnival hit the mark with Drink Prices onboard. They are typical bar prices really and considering if you want a drink there are no other options.. Beer $7.50 - $8.50, Cocktails (which were really nice) $11.50 each, Bottle of White wine started at $35 or $8ish/glass. The cabin was comfortable and apart from the odd kid running up and down the hall, it was quiet. In saying that, the last night was really loud. We were on deck 1 and I assume that the noise was from staff below collecting and arranging the luggage for disembarkment. We had an Oceanview room and it was a nice large window. The bed was really comfortable! I loved the Comedy shows that were onboard, generally there was a PG rated show at 8.30pm and then R18 shows at 10.30pm and another at 11.15pm. We enjoyed both types of shows. The entertainment each night in the theature was a mixutre of average, above average and a couple of really cool shows. My wife would disagree but I thought they had to many nights were it was the onboard dancers and singers performing. A bit more variety would have been great. The Adults only area is great, but it can be slightely hard to get a spot.. guess it comes down to lucky timming. One thing we did not like with Carnival, but Im sure most lines do it, was when arriving on the wharfs from the tender boats they would have photogrophers lined up along the wharf trying to take your photo - Thats fine, but there is not enough room to walk around these guys if people do want to stop for a photo. They charge way too much to buy these so we were not interested in actually having the photo taken but had numerous times where we had to stop and wait for them to take photos of people in front. Would I crusie Carnival again?? I dont think so, not until we have kids at least. Would I reccomend it?? YES and NO. Yes to families but No to couples.

Good value but avoid if you want to escape kids.

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Kiwitomo

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Kiwitomo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1191
Cabin was a good size, cleam and everything functioned well. Bed was super comfortable. Window is large, so there was a nice view out of it.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins