3. Radiance of the Seas
My son & I are loyal Royal cruisers. Overall, we loved the ports and the cruise, but there were some minor issues that really bothered us as we've had zero issues on any of our other cruises. I had pre-ordered a celebrations cake for surprise him when we had dinner in Giovanni's on his birthday. When I boarded the ship, per instructions from Crown and Anchor, I went to Guest Relations and specified that instead of delivering the cake to the dining room, it needed to be delivered to Giovanni's on May 29 at 6:30 p.m. Long story short, despite my having given instructions FOUR times to have the cake delivered to Giovanni's on May 29, the cake was delivered to our stateroom and the surprise I planned for my son was spoiled. There were several other issues and things that happened on the ship that basically made me think the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Two days before we arrived in Ketchikan, we decided to cancel the fishing expedition we had pre-paid for, which needed to be done Sunday to be within the refund period. Shore Excursions was supposed to open at 5 p.m. I was the second person in line at 5 p.m., since we had dinner reservations for my son’s birthday at 6:30. Guest relations told me they could not cancel the excursion; shore excursions had to do that. Guests in line were then told that the desk would not open until 6. That posed a bit of an issue for us, but we got dressed for dinner early and went back down to shore excursions at 6, only to discover that there were now 12 people in front of me. I flagged down a staff member (who appeared to be a supervisor) while I was waiting and she said yes, that guest relations could cancel the shore trip as long as it was outside of 24 hours. She stated, and I reiterated to her, and received a positive affirmation that the resulting credit could either be posted back to my credit card on file OR withdrawn on the last day as cash. When I tried to get the cash refund on the last sea day, I was told that was not the case and that it had to be refunded to my card. The internet was AWFUL. It was marketed as VOOM, but it was incredibly slow and often not available. Now, I do understand that internet at sea is not going to be like it is at home, and it can be spotty. But that's not how they market it. Completely unacceptable and the slowest of any internet we've had on any of Royal's ships. On the plus side, I have zero complaints about our stateroom, our stateroom attendant, the service and food in the main dining room, or any of the ports. I only gave this cruise three stars because of the service issues. The cruise itinerary itself was lovely.

7 Day Alaska sailing on Radiance; a Bit Uneven

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by shutterbug63

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

shutterbug63’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Great aft balcony! Lots of storage. I have no complaints other than the peeling paint and paint chips on the balcony.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans