3. Crown Princess
We really enjoyed our cruise! Second cruise for me, first cruise for husband, son and son's girlfriend. There seem to be some bad reviews for this itinerary/ship but for us we like it! We arrived in Seattle on Friday night to ensure we were there in plenty of time for our embarkation on Saturday. We handled our own hotel reservations and transfers. We did however book our air via Princess Air and bought insurance. Reservation process was simple and the price for the air fair was really much cheaper than if I had done it on my own. Embarkation was so smooth! Went through very quickly and was on the ship within about 45 minutes. There were no lines when we arrived which was a little before our designated time. Our cabin was ready and clean when we embarked. Our cabin was fabulous. We were far AFT on the baja deck - deck 11. Extended balcony looking out the back of the ship. I knew going in there would be an obstruction but it did not interfere with us sitting out and enjoying the scenery. There is no wind back there and the balcony was covered. Although the rest of the ship was breezy and downright chilly, we could sit on our balcony with just a light jacket and enjoy our travels. Daniel was our Steward and he always kept our cabin stocked and had a bright hello and smile for us all the time. It was really quiet also. Deck 11 is sandwiched between other cabin decks so we didn't have any noise. Bed was surprisingly comfortable and we fell asleep really quickly every night! Son and girlfriend were across the hall in an interior. They said it was fine for them. My son and his girlfriend (age 22 and 21) were the youngest people I saw other than just a few very small children, but they kept themselves occupied. They loved the Movies under the Stars even in the chilly air. They especially enjoyed the entertainment - the big production show the first night with music by the same folks as Wicked, Godspell and Pippen - was really great. The singer and the comedian were also very good. But they really loved "Voice of the Ocean" and went to all the performances. Ship was kept immaculate. Very clean and done in a non-obtrusive way. I never saw plates piled, etc. Staff kept things picked up. Shore excursions were fabulous. Highly recommend the Juneau photo safari - whale and glacier watching - and the Skagway excursion to the Yukon Territory including the narrow gauge railroad. Such beautiful scenery, abundant wildlife, etc. Ketchikan was ok - we walked around the town ourselves. Got into Victoria late due to weather. Husband and kids went out and explored as I stayed behind not feeling well. They wished they had more time to check out the city. One of the highlights was Glacier Natl Park on Wednesday. It was a very rainy and foggy day but the light was still nice to be able to see the blues of the glacier. Marjorie Glacier put on a nice performance and calved for us! Got to watch it from my aft balcony. Rough seas on Thursday night/Friday morning had us rocking and rolling a bit, but they did everything possible to keep it safe and not all that bad. Took a mid-ship stroll around 2am and I was the only one up and about - other than crew cleaning up - so obviously it didn't bother anyone else. Food - probably the one area for improvement. Caribe and Horizon were always packed but food was blah. I think they are trying to drive everyone to the upscale (pay more) restaurants. Food was the same day in and out with a couple of changes. We always found a seat, but we figured out when to go so that it wasn't being crushed with people. Pizza bar was good however, wish it was open later! Always picked up some ice cream there every day too. Son liked the Trident Grill for burgers and Fries. We had anytime dining and only went to the Michelangelo twice - both on formal nights. Again nothing spectacular. Wouldn't recommend this cruise to those who cruise just to eat. We did not buy drink packages but did buy bottled water which was in our rooms upon arrival. Disembarkation was great! We chose express walk off taking our own luggage and we were off the ship in 5 minutes and through customs in less than 15 minutes after that. Easy to find a taxi to get us to our rental car location so we could explore Seattle on our own. Flew home on Sunday. Supposedly we were sailing full, but the ship never felt crowded except for the food lines in Caribe and Horizon. This is ship is not huge but we did a lot of walking. Unless you want to wait forever for elevators, take stairs. Not an issue for us and it was great exercise, but may be an issue for others.

Fun Cruise to Alaska

azsomeone’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B4 B751
Loved our cabin. Extended balcony AFT. It did have an obstruction but we were fully aware upon booking and it did not spoil our view.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins