3. Carnival Ecstasy
Check in was a snap, within 15 minutes of entering terminal I was walking on the ship. We were quite early so rooms weren't ready, we headed up to the lunch buffet and after lunch rooms were ready. I was guiding a group of 28, everyone was pleased with their rooms specifically the size and cleanliness. What was a shock and disappointment was that our room stewards informed us that they would only service our room once a day. I figured it was a cost cutting measure but am greatly disappointed in the service. Dining room service and quality of food were more than adequate but each year it seems Carnival cuts more services or "nickels and dimes" more and more. For instance for a good steak there is a $20 surcharge. The quality of drinks at the bars were excellent, prices higher than average but not overly high. The evening entertainment was varied, lots of options and excellent. Because we were at the dock in Bermuda for 3 days we opted out to contact directly suppliers for our shore excursions. We had a half day tour of the island and a half day sail on a private yacht (Sail Bermuda, Cpt. Caleb--I highly recommend him). The prices were much less than what Carnival offered and there was absolutely no danger of missing the ship. Debarkation went smooth as well. Carnival seems to have coming on and leaving well planned and executed. I remain disappointed in the "Generate Revenue 24/7" philosophy of Carnival. Constantly we were bombarded with offers to buy products and services. Cruising is certainly not as upscale with Carnival as with the other big box lines I've cruised with. If you are looking for a low cost, no frills cruise with a main goal of value I can highly recommend Carnival. Bermuda is spectacular, if you haven't visited there make it your next trip.

Bermuda 7 Day on the Ecstasy

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by RNC725

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda

Bermuda is spectacular, if you haven't visited there make it your next trip.
RNC725’s Full Rating Summary