3. Norwegian Sky
I have taken 4 cruises on Royal Caribbean and this is my second cruise with NCL. (and one riverboat cruise on the American Queen). I guess I have some experience with cruising

First, I must say that I really like the casual, informal Freestyle concept that NCL has created. I never liked the set dinner seatings that other cruises have. Also NCL offers so many dining options, you want to try them all, but you know you can't.

The check process at the Port Of Miami terminal was quick and painless (although there was an issue with the credit/debit cards given for on board charges, which will be explained later). We arrived around 10:45, dropped off our bags, parked the car (okay, $20 per day is a little excessive, but what choice do you have?), then proceeded to check in. Within minutes we were in a waiting area, and boarded the ship around 12:15. My only issue is that I wish I knew that the stateroom's would not be ready until 2:00; however there was a place to check anything you carried on so you didn't have to drag it around. We proceed to walk around the ship, have something to eat at the buffet, relax on the pool deck until we could get to our stateroom. It was small, but the balcony is the best!

My biggest complaint is that there is only one main show each night, as opposed to two on other lines. This made planning for dinner a little difficult, when you are trying to do everything! On the first night we really wanted to go to bingo (7:30) and really wanted to go to the first show (9:00) which left no time to go to the dining room (we really didn't want to eat early!) or to the buffet. So we settled on room service, which took 45 minutes, but was excellent.

Overall the experience was pretty good and we both had a great time.

Pleasantly surprised

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by littleducknj

• Sail Date: April 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Overall the experience was pretty good and we both had a great time.

littleducknj’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9242
The balcony was great. We left the door open overnight to hear the sea and have the sea breeze. Room was tiny, but well appointed. The shampoo's, etc. were top rate as well as samples of the spa products. Could use more than one towel per person, though. But when we asked we got extras. Bed was comfortable,linens were of fine quality. The cabin was near both the stairs and elevator. TV ok, more choices would be nice.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    Well, I've Nassau three times before, but my boyfriend had never been there, so we took a taxi over to Atlantis. One word of caution; they do not like the "cruise ship people" roaming around their property. Yes, technically the beach (Cabbage Beach) is public, but they don't want you on their property and although we had no issue getting to the beach in the morning (9:00, we were stopped when we were trying to leave around 1:00 and had to find the public entrance to get back to the street). However when we were on the beach, we approached the gentleman on the beach about where to get chairs/umbrellas (I've had skin cancer, so an umbrella is a necessity), and he "took care of it" (chairs/umbrellas/towels!) and "we gave him something" ($10). I have heard about the elusive "day pass" but only when we were stopped was it ever mentioned to us. Hey Atlantis - here's a hint for you - could you be a little nicer to the "cruise ship people" who may actually consider staying at your property one day - especially when they purchase things at your shops, eat in your restaurants,buy a drink from your bars, play in your casino's??? I was seriously thinking of staying there one day, but now....

View All 5,279 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews