3. Marella Dream
The Thompson Dream cruise liner is a very dated vessel and will be taken out of the fleet next year not before time. They seemed to be more paint than steel in the structure of the ship, but it was adequate for what we needed we had two inside cabins on deck seven for me and the wife and a couple of young granddaughters on the Adriatic explorer. The cabins were of a good size and kept very tidy by our steward Dewa a very able person. We dined in the Orion in the evenings the food was not too bad on the main menu but the child’s menu was not very large the service was by and large very poor especially the wine waiters we had purchased the full drinks package but they were very resistant to filling your glasses it was like getting water out of a stone the only time they were attentive was on the last night no doubt hoping for a tip. The entertainment was very good and a nice surprise was that Mara the singer in the duo 2 intense was on board we have seen her on other ships and she is an exceptional vocalist. The service of the drinks waiters and bar staff left much to be desired why on earth you have to sign chitty,s for drinks when you are on the full drinks card is beyond my comprehension. The bar staff needs some training from the service staff in Ireland who can serve dozens at once and at the same time take money. We visited several places on our cruise the first was the caves in Slovenia at Postonja an awe inspiring experience a good day out, the second was Venice with a gondolier ride the place reminded me and the wife of our childhood on a sink hole council estate next to the canal the foetid smell brought back memories, we were mugged on the harbour front, we sat down at a bar having four beers and two cokes this came to over fifty pounds the thieving tosser we won’t be visiting here again the place was nice but what a rip off. We then went to the national park of Krka in Croatia an excellence experience Beautiful in all ways. We then had a day in Dubrovnik it’s just beyond words to describe the place but it’s to be highly recommended easy to do on your own don’t pay for an excursion. The place is just as outstanding as Venice but the prices are about half for the same price as Venice, we had three large pizzas four beers and three cokes at the restaurant Mea Culpa next to church Domino in the old town. Our last visit was in Montenegro but the girls were just too tired to get off the ship so we had a lazy day by the pool saying this the place looked very nice. The staff were very good at people movement onto and off the ship but the most awful experience of the holiday was Corfu airport we were lase there about twenty years ago and always said I would never return due to the chaos of this place I presumed after the passage of time it would have improved but I can say it’s a lot worse THIS TIME I MEAN IT NEVER WILL I VISIT THIS HORRIBLE AIRPORT AGAIN. The girls loved the holiday and with the caveats I mentioned it was not too bad.One final point tips are included on the Dream but we have always in the past found some who were exceptional and have tipped them on this occasion the only one who we tipped was the cabin steward Dewa he was the only one who gave a little bit extra none of the others warranted anything.

Thompson Dream Adriatic Explorer

Marella Dream Cruise Review by Toldowestyorkshire

Toldowestyorkshire’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Marella Dream price drops

very nice size we booked two inside cabins on deck seven they were ok
  Marella Dream Deck Plans