3. Carnival Magic
I have been on 3 cruises with Carnival and enjoyed them. I like the relaxed atmosphere. I sailed on the Carnival Dream about 6 years ago and had a fabulous time so I thought the Magic would be just as fabulous. This time it was good but not great. Food: I really enjoyed Guys burger joint. The burgers were quite good and the fries are excellent. Other than Guy's though, the food was mostly good but not great. In the main dining room (we had early dinner in the Northern Lights restaurant) I suggest you skip the flat iron steak. Frankly it was just disgusting. It was chewy, fatty, undercooked and overall just not good. My mom chose it two nights later and had the same experience. I would skip the baked potato as well. No way is it baked. It was always a hassle getting the toppings. The rest of the food was pretty good and the lobster on formal night was delicious. One night I didn't care for the menu so I opted for the surf and turf for an additional $20. It was great. The desserts were all great as long as you don't get the cake items. Dry and tasteless. The omelette satiation was well stocked and very good but the scrambled eggs on the buffet are powdered. I don't know if they were last year but they definitely were this year. I recommend skipping those as well. I think the quality of the food has gone down in the main dining room and on the buffet. In years past the kids wanted could not get enough of Camp Carnival. Not so this year. They never wanted to go and there was no face painting the entire cruise. My nieces were disappointed. Neither of my sons (12 and 14) cared for Circle C, which was a big hit last year on the Valor. Our cabin was nice but this year, they didn't put the bed in the ceiling during the day like they did last year. We didn't have a table, and the twin was never a couch as in the past. My husband and I shared a cabin with my sons. Other than the noticeable difference in the food and kid activities, it was a nice cruise. The cruise director was awesome and the excursions were fun. I had a nice relaxing time which is exactly what I wanted. We had adjoining balconies which was a huge plus. I think next year I will try a different cruise line just to see the differences.

Good but Not Great

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Jennyk46

Jennyk46’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Balcony was fantastic but the room was cramped a little.
  Carnival Magic Deck Plans