3. Radiance of the Seas
This short itinerary fit well into both vacation time and budget. Also, it was a great introductory to the Inside Passage and Alaska. This was my 3rd time sailing from Vancouver - so was familiar with Canada Place and surrounding area. I took the Sky Train from my hotel (stayed in nearby Burnaby). The Sky Train is very safe, efficient and inexpensive and I would recommend it! Although it was my 6th cruise - it was my first on RCL. Up until now I've sailed only on Princess - so it was also a good opportunity to experience a different cruise line. The Radiance was lovely - however I was very surprised at how narrow the Centrum was. It was tall - but very narrow - so the bars and public areas around the Centrum were very compact. The shops and entire shopping area was very small and congested. My favorite areas of the ship were the Thermal Spa Suite, The Solarium and the Sports Deck - because of the fantastic views from there. My cabin - Deluxe Balcony on Deck 8 was nice...plenty of storage, desk, small sofa, safe, small fridge, flat screen tv. The balcony was average size and had two chairs and a table. I had the best cabin steward ever - Lu Lu was genuinely friendly, attentive and thorough. My only dislike was the bathroom - it was small! Dining: I had My Time dining and never had to wait to be seated for dinner. Service was good. With regards to food quality and selection - I'll just say the best meals I had were at the Park Café in Solarium - period. Entertainment: Nothing was really bad - but nothing was really great either. Ketchikan: lived up to it's reputation for being one of the wettest towns on North America...it was raining sideways! Still - was very interesting. I had a walking tour map and followed it to see some of the local attractions. Many of the excursions still took place according folks I talked to who went on them. Prince Rupert Island: Absolutely beautiful scenery...pristine and lush. Again, I enjoyed visiting some of the local sites by using a self-guided walking tour map - provided by the friendly Visitor's Bureau folks who were there as we disembarked. The scenery during this cruise was jaw dropping gorgeous! I'm looking forward to taking another Alaska Cruise for the full 7-days and to visiting Glacier Bay, however I'll stick with Princess. At least now I know.

Average Cruise Experience; Beautiful Scenery

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Gogoddess5

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

Entertainment: Nothing was really bad - but nothing was really great either.

Gogoddess5’s Full Rating Summary