3. Zuiderdam
We chose this cruise for the itinerary. The TA crossing followed by the Baltic ports and then the Fjords and Highlands. 41 days and very port intensive. Embarkation/Debarkation went extremely smooth. The cabin attendants were excellent, We had the unlimited laundry service and it was excellent. Lido service was average. Seemed to me to be understaffed and overworked. Main Dining room service was a little above average. Room service was very good. If you're a "foodie" then I wouldn't recommend this ship. Food was good for us, but we're easy to please. Entertainment was typical cruise line entertainment and nothing I get excited about. We only did 2 HAL excursions so really can't add much there. The TA crossing was relaxing, the Baltics were fantastic as were the Fjords and Highlands. One big issue was the noise created due to constant maintenance around the ship. Banging, grinding, chipping and welding. Maintenance is a must, but this was the first cruise I've notice this much noise on. Rendered our cabin's veranda useless for approximately a week. Value for the money spent was worth the cruise and I'd recommend it with the understanding it has it's shortcomings, but for us we'd do it again.

Transalantic, Baltic & Fjords & Highlands

bdfred’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zuiderdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA 5071
Cabin was clean and efficient. One needs to remember they are not that big, but it worked for us. No major issues with the cabin facilities. Cabin was "creaky" during various sea conditions which was an annoyance when trying to sleep.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins