3. Carnival Breeze
I have taken 6 previous cruises with Carnival so I have a pretty good track record with this cruise line and have had enough experience to compare it to other cruises. We sailed on the Magic two times out of Galveston and would have sailed on the Magic again, but were ecstatic when the Breeze came to the Galveston port. However, sadly, disappointed continued to be the word used when it came to the Breeze. Overall, our cruise was great! We splurged for a balcony room for the first time and that kind of help redeem our let down with the ship in general. Compared to other ships, the Breeze's decor and atrium was "blah." I realize they were going for a different "feel", but it was understated in my opinion and I was underwhelmed. In all of my previous cruises I've never seen the maintenance issues that this particular ship seem to have from the pizzeria to the candy store to random issues and workmen throughout the ship. One of the reasons we chose the Breeze was the one of a kind Thrill Theatre. We were very disappointed that it was also having maintenance problems and shut down for the entirety of the cruise. We were also disappointed that the carnival website was a little misleading, or maybe we were not attentive enough to the small print, in their spa prices for massages. We had budgeted for a couple of indulgence but then when we went to book it was no where close to what we have seen on the website so we had to scratch that off our list as well. Disappointed seemed to be the feeling we had over and over on the Breeze. The ship was clean. The cabin stewards great! The balcony cabins are bright, pretty, warm, and spacious. However, we were on Deck 9 toward the aft and I heard more noise overhead than ever before. Next time, I will probably choose Deck 8. I thought the food in the main dining room was maybe a notch better than other Carnival ships, but the quality of food at Cucina del Capitano was NOT as good as what I had 3 times previously on the Magic. The Guy's Burgers was something new and was great, BUT we were disappointed (there's that word again) that there were NOT hamburgers and hotdogs on the Lido around 11 pm like other cruises we had been on. The pizzeria was also one of our favorite things about other Carnival cruises, but the pizzeria on the Breeze was just flat BAD the 3 times we tried it. We finally just gave up. The embarkation was easier than the other two times we had cruised out of Galveston. I like the changes they made on embarkation and disembarkation was also MUCH more organized, even though we did have to wait quite a while in our waiting areas before we got off the ship. Overall, we enjoyed the cruise. The ports were wonderful! The ship was clean! Our cabin was lovely. The crew was great! We were just hoping for more from the Breeze. I would have sailed on the Magic a third time had it not moved from Galveston. We are NOT planning on sailing on the Breeze again. We are looking at RC out of Galveston or the extra expense of taking Disney Dream out of Florida.

I regret to say I was disappointed with the Breeze.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by ougirl69

ougirl69’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9427
The balcony cabin was beautiful, spacious, and clean! While we were a bit disappointed with our overall experience on the Breeze we LOVED everything about our balcony cabin. Our only complaint were the noises overhead while trying to go to sleep.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins