3. Carnival Sunshine
First off let me say that I was super skeptical after reading all of the negative reviews about the Carnival Sunshine and to my delight I experienced nothing that was said about all the negative reviews. My family and I ported out of Charleston, SC and the parking in the port was an absolute maze!! I got a call and email saying not to enter the port until 12:30pm and luckily I didn't listen and took my chances and arrived around noon and let me say that I was glad I did because it was packed when we got there. We had to wait about an hour before we actually parked. (A lot of construction going on at the port). It was only 3 lines and it was going very slow. When we did park (Luckily my mom had a registered handicap decal, so parking was complimentary) we had to then catch the shuttle to the terminal. The terminal went pretty smooth so I was glad I didn't purchase the Faster to the Fun. Disembarkation went very smooth way better than embarkation. We did the self assist and was in our vehicle at 7:30am leaving the port. Once we got inside the ship, it was beautiful!! It is very contempary with its decor and def a nice layout. I have been on 5 previous cruises with Carnival and I was stunned. No smelly odors, SUPER CLEAN and was very impressed with the pool deck area. The kiddie pool was what you expected (Full of Kids) so I did spend time with my 4 year old daughter there and the Serenity pool for Adults only was excellent!! The layout of the ship was different but other than having to go thru the casino which had the smokers there, it was no problem. You really have to explore the ship because its some things you may miss if you don't but I liked the layout. It was different. Of course the ship used to be the Destiny but other than the outer features of the ship you couldn't really tell the age of the ship being 20 years of age. We had an inside interior cabin with an upper pullmen. It was very clean and the bed was and always is super comfortable. As soon as you lay down you don't want to get up. Room enough for us but like I always say, unless its your Honeymoon, its really no reason to stay in the cabin. Our steward was Norman and he was EXCELLENT and knew our names, played with our daughter and kept the room clean every time we left the cabin. (I always tip because they don't make much and he was so appreciative and he showed it by cleaning our cabin almost 4 times a day) Ok, here is the only reserve I have. The Main Dining area was not up to par like in the past. The only letter grade I could give it would be a D+. The menu was the same and seemed like the waiters were new. Food wasn't up to par and it was an upcharge on elegant night for lobster and steak!! Now, the Pizza parlor, Deli and The Lido buffett were very tasty. The layout of the buffett being in the middle was different but we got used to it. It wasn't long lines like ppl said unless you wanted pizza around 1am because the deli closes at 11pm and its the only thing open but why eat that late in the morning?? Breakfast was very good everyday!! The Blue Cantina was ok with their tacos and burritos but King of them all were.... You guessed it... Guy's Burger Joint!! OMG those burgers are so good!! You want to eat them everyday. Some people were getting two or three at a time. The Ringer was the best. We had dinner at the speciaty restuarants and you will not be dissapointed. The Italian Restuarant was and A and the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse was an A+. It is def worth the charge so take time so make reservations!! You will not be dissapointed. Entertainment and Activities were excellent. My daughter loved Camp Carnival and they had so many things for her to do. (Parade on the ship, Dr. Seuss reading, Parties, Arts and Crafts, Dances, Movie Nights and so much more.) The WaterWorks was cool for kids and adults along with the SkyCourse challenge. A mini golf course is also there along with a nice fitness center and outdoor track. The shows in the Liquid Lounge were awesome along with the game shows and Bingo. Live music at the Ocean Plaza and the Red Frog Pub was cool along with the DJ blasting cool jams in the Atrium. The Liquid lounge is a jamming nightclub at night after 11pm and the limelight lounge had some pretty funny comedians. Service was had to grade because it was up and down. Emma was a GREAT Cruise Director (Hello Lovelies) and was full of energy but some of the service staff may have been brand new that I could tell and was being broken in. Overall a B-. We ported at Nassau and it was cool. Kind of congested because like 5 other cruise ships were there. Went on a tour with the locals for $30 a person for about 2 1/2 hours and then went to the Straw Market. I wanted to hit up Senor Frogs but we were hot and ready to get on the ship to go to Guy's Burger Joint. My daugher is 4 years old and this was her 3rd cruise!! She had a blast and didn't want to leave and we felt the same way. This was a fantastic family cruise and my mother, sister, wife, daughter and I enjoyed every minute of it. We would def go aboard the Carnival Sunshine again!! It was a blast!!

Carnival Sunshine was right on time!!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by mcrob62@hotmail.com

Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior
Cabin 4B 1572
Cabin was clean and very up to date. Bathroom was very roomy and had no issues with shower drainage or toilet flushing. Lots of closet space and Norman was an excellent cabin steward.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins