3. Norwegian Getaway
My wife and I cruised with our relatives from South Miami. NCL was their choice of Cruise Line. This was our fourth cruise we previously cruised with Carnival and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. The NCL concept of a freestyle cruise was new to us and we were curious. The NCL Getaway Cruise Ship has dedicated a goodly portion of the ship to an area referred to as the Haven. The Haven area was off limits to us and was more for the wealthy passengers. The NCL Getaway Cruise ship was put in service in 2014 and we found the ship it self to be much to our liking. We had a balcony room on deck 12 and found the room to be very accommodating for two people. The ship has three complimentary dinning rooms we found to be very attractive and no problem getting a table. We had a three night dinning package which we recommend and found the specialty dinning restaurants to be of high standards and excellent food and service. With the freestyle cruise concept you are not committed to a early or late seating. However, reservations are required in the specialty restaurants. Negative comments: we missed the broadway shows; we prefer the late seating in the dinning room; we found the pools to be inadequate and too small for the size of the ship. My wife and me will probably not cruise again with NCL.

NCL Freestyle Cruise Experience.

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by g2golfers

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom
g2golfers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 12866
The cabin was comfortable with an adequate balcony. The cabin and balcony was large enough for two adults.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins