Carnival Miracle Cruise Review
1,400 Reviews

Not Impressed. Not again.

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by BLee13

• Sail Date: Mar 2009
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean

Departure was smooth and easy. But, the ship was just out of dry dock. Three couples were on the cruise. On board and waiting on one couple, we went to grab a bite to eat. I ask about getting a beer and was told the bar was that way. Do what? On the FOS I would have been asked "What kind of beer would you like, Sir?" And thus, the adventure started.

The muster was called, and instead of enjoying the departure, we were underway before we got back to the cabin to drop off the life vests. Either rush up to the top deck or.. thankfully, we had pre ordered champagne, via the Carnival online service, and lo and behold it was there. Not so on the first formal night( 2nd night at sea) with our pre ordered wine. Where's the wine? I had to make a trip to the pursers desk to get it right. I left the dining room because they cannot cook a steak rare or even medium rare and dealt with the missing wine order.

I do enjoy wine with dinner. As for wine orders, I had contacted Carnival via e-mail and phone asking about wine deals and specials. I was told twice they did not have discounts or specials. And what did I find upon boarding? A table set up for wine specials and discounts. Dear Carnival, I ask about it and was told no. What's up with that?

As for steak? do not order it. Another night it was so over cooked, it was like cutting through leather. Over cooked lobster is not my favorites either. I skipped the main dining two nights. The buffet in Horatio's seemed to work out better. The sushi bar was good too.

The cabin steward was a nice friendly guy. That was not a problem. The main dining wait staff did try to overcome the screwed up meals. Maybe they even grabbed the wrong steak. But, when I finally got the shoe leather, all five people at the table were already finished and ordering dessert. That's when I started skipping the main dining.

The ship was clean. New carpet was there. Much work was done in dry dock. Overall service was not as friendly as on RCCL. But it was OK. The sports bar has many great TV's but can only show one sport at a time. Do what? There was a great band from the Philippines on board. I forget the name of the band. The St Patrick's Day party served up a Mexican buffet. Do what?

BLee13's Full Rating Summary

Had three cabins side by side and were able to open the dividers. That was good.

St. Martin

A must see for those that have never been there. Great beaches. Fun shopping on Front Street. We've been there many times and know the island.

St. Lucia

Our only excursion. We did the Pirate boat thing. It was a blast. Pigeon Island is cool. I'd like to spend more time on island and check it out.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

We did a self guided walk around of town. It was fun. Another island we'll return to and spend more time. And don't spend money taking pictures with the monkey guys. LOL

BLee13