3. Celebrity Infinity
We had another great Celebrity cruise. Some of our "firsts" on this one: First aft cabin (love!), first time eating in the MDR for breakfast (still haven't hit a lunch!), first time we caught the Liars Club game (fun), first time as Captain's Club Elite passengers. We spent a lot of time on our balcony rather than public areas this time around because we had upgraded to a family veranda cabin and wanted to get as much use out of it as we could. So for us, this was a very laid-back cruise. We caught some of the guest lecturer's topics and they were very interesting and well presented. The main dining room had flipped select dining and traditional dining on this cruise, so as Select diners we entered on Deck 4 rather than Deck 5. We were only seated promptly on about 3 of the 8 nights we ate in the MDR. The other times we were handed a beeper and told to keep ourselves amused until paged. That was fine, we're pretty relaxed about that sort of thing, but we did see lots of empty tables being held for those with reservations. I think Select Dining only works when there are no reservations taken. Regarding the food and drink: We found bar service everywhere we went to be very prompt. I had a couple of fails drink-wise - a mojito that tasted like it was made with vodka rather than rum, and a Peach Melba drink (from Cafe al Bacio) that did not have a peach in it, but did taste very sour for some reason. I guess that was another first - the first drink I ever abandoned. Food-wise, we had pretty good luck, although my french onion soup had quite a large unchewable piece of onion in it that I had to unobtrusively eject into my napkin and then back into the bowl before it was removed by the waiter. I did see him looking at it like "What the.." as he carried our dishes away, but he never asked. I do want to mention what a shame it is that the sommeliers and wait staff are so rushed that they need to practically run through the dining room. It felt unsafe at times because there was a constant flow of passengers being walked in to be seated as well as those who had finished their meal trying to pick their way through the madhouse to exit the dining room. I felt bad for the crew and can't imagine having to work at that pace each night. I'd like to see the CEO and other higher-ups disguised as everyday passengers so they can take it all in for themselves. Specialty Restaurants: Qsine was fun, and the food very good. I liked that they have a nice selection of ethnically diverse foods. M's Favorites were also my favorites. Tuscan Grill was puzzling. I ordered red snapper and our waiter strongly suggested that I change my order. I ordered the beet salad and was again steered to something else. He did bring the broccolini side that I ordered, but I wish he'd advised against that one. It tasted like freezer-burned broccoli, and looked the same. This was a newly reworked menu, and I wonder how so many poor dishes made the final cut on the menu. It seems like the staff should be proud to serve each and every dish on the menu when they're charging $45 per person. This is the second time in a row that Tuscan has diappointed, and I won't be going again. I truly wish they had left the nautical-themed restaurants on the M-Class ships. Kudos to ALL of the Celebrity crew. I saw several instances where irate passengers were unloading their frustrations onto crew members. The patience they exhibited in response to this snarling was commendable. I mean, who knew that the sky would fall because there was a cheddar cheese shortage on the last day? Miscellaneous comments: The pizza was very good! As were the donuts in Cafe al Bacio (so much filling inside!). And the burgers and hot dogs at the poolside grill! We enjoyed CC Elite status for the first time on this cruise. We went to a total of one Elite breakfast in the Tuscan Grille, used our laundry coupons and one dry cleaning coupon. We never made it up to the evening cocktail party. We had heard there were over 700 Elite and above passengers on this sailing and just weren't feeling like we wanted to deal with that. Maybe next time. We saw constant maintenance and extensive cleaning happening each day. And these efforts really did show. The Infinity looks great!

We Enjoyed Our First Cruise on the Infinity!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by thebutlerdidit

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View with Balcony

Regarding the food and drink:

Specialty Restaurants:

Miscellaneous comments:

thebutlerdidit’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 9156
9156 spoiled us. It has storage galore (2 closets rather than one, and lots of extra cabinets) and the balcony was enormous. The furnishings on the balcony were a table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers. Sailaways were incredible!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins