3. Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Cruise Line ruined my sons College Graduation vacation. They sent an email the night before we were to embark informing us of the private island stop being cancelled. Since we were traveling from Colorado we choose this cruise for the beach stops. I had jet skies and paddle boards rented for a fun day on the beach. Sorry, here is your $50 room credit. Have a nice day. How offensive is that! I spent hours researching excursions. We proceeded to spend 2 days in Nassau. If I had wanted to go to Nassau i would have ,and I could have gotten a free room at the Paradise Resort! The cruise line knew at least a week in advance of this change and could have tried to make my vacation more enjoyable by rescheduling my excursions. Instead I had a day to try and figure it out while I was supposed to be enjoying my family cruise. URGHHH!!!! Nothing was offered at the same price, every excursion in Nassau was now doubled. The food was also awful, they don't offer any lowfat /lowcal meals. I wouldn't buy the meal plan again , or the wine package (terrible selections by the glass) . The whole cruise nickel-ed and dimed you to death. I am still waiting for a response to my survey from the ship! The only nice thing was my beautiful suite, which i paid highly for! Next time I will stick with a cruise line that treats there customers better! Every one of them does, I know I have sailed with them!

NCL isn't worth your hard earned money.

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by ahodge

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

I am still waiting for a response to my survey from the ship!

ahodge’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin H2 145000
Our 3 bedroom villa was beautiful but expensive, Paying more money for your room got you NO extra perks. Same lousy food and wine!
Deck 15 Suite Cabins