3. Balmoral
Having never cuised with Fred before I did not know what to expect. We had a bad experince many years ago with costa, and since then only cuised on the Hebridean Princess. Being used to spend around £1,000 a night I was very apprehensive of a 5 night cuise for £800 each. I was so wrong. The Balmoral and Fred's crew exceeded all our expectations. The ship is lovely, the crew will bend backward to satify any wish you might have, the food is at a level with the one on the Hebidean Princess, and our waiter was polite, fun, and extremely efficient. The public rooms must have been refurbished recently as the furniture looks almost new, and our cabin was comfortable and efficient. The only downside to our cabin was the bathroom wich was obviously a little tired, and having some practical plumbing problems, however everithing else was so nice we did not mind too much. The thing I particularly loved is the crew. Helpful and polite at all times. We will definetly cruise with Fred again, and have already booked our next cruise with them to Iceland. I would definetly recommend the Balmoral, and as a final point would like to admit that I am a clean freak, and despite my impossible standards, and against all odds, I found the ship very clean.

Beyond all expectations

cruisevirgin1971’s Full Rating Summary
Get Balmoral price drops

Superior Outside
Cabin B 8065
The cabin was comfortable, well organised and clean. We had issues with the toilet not working on 2 days, however we were offered an alternative cabin for the night and all was solved the following morning. We particularly liked the decor of the room, and the soft furnishing looked new. The view althoug partially obstructed was lovely and we enjoyed it.
  Balmoral Deck Plans