3. Scenic Opal
We were on a special charter by the US Navy Supply Corp Officers. It was our first time on Scenic. I was disappointed in the service. it seemed as if they were short staffed and the dining room service was very slow and sometimes just plain poor. The staff was not well trained in serving, on the wines or on keeping in touch with the tables to make sure you were given what you needed. Many times had to go get coffee from the machines in the lounge on the next deck because the wait staff never asked if we wanted any. The buffets for lunch were very repetitious - there seemed to be very little variety. The dinners were just OK except for the specialty dinner in Portobello restaurant. This was Italian cuisine and it was excellent. There was also an 8 course special dinner for people in suites and it was quite nice but not to my taste because I am particular about certain foods. They had the habit of pushing the wine selection of the ship and not on the wine list that was available.

Interesting experience but have had better.

Scenic Opal Cruise Review by binniealwine

binniealwine’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Opal price drops

The cabin was quite spacious with plenty of closet space. The highlight is the "sundeck" which is your verandah which has a glass wall on the outside that raises and lowers, allowing you to have access to fresh air on your verandah. This was the most exciting feature of the cabin. The large screen TV was very hi tech and we had access to movies, documentaries and all the things on the ship. i.e lectures, shore excursions and many more things.