3. Carnival Fascination
My mother and I chose this cruise because it was short, cheap, and from a port that is a pretty quick drive from home and a beautiful area. Embarkation: We had FTTF and the entire process was quick. Because we were at the terminal prior to it being open for boarding, we did have to wait a short while. One thing that annoyed us was, although we were among the first seated in our FTTF section, we were seated as such to become the last FTTF passengers to board. Not a big deal, and that's not Carnival's fault. Just a little obnoxious. The ship: The ship was in great shape for it's age!! Incredibly clean. Because I had previously been on another Fantasy class ship that is almost identical to the design of this one, I found it easy to navigate after the first day. I didn't notice any areas that needed special attention, such as rusted spots or missing tiles. It really appeared that Carnival has done everything in it's power to preserve this ship. Our room: We chose a balcony room, which are fairly limited on this ship. There was a video of it available online and when I watched it, I was frightened of how it would be set up, it seriously looked like we would have to either give up walking room or run the risk of banging our head every night. Neither was the case. Being only two people in a four person cabin, they had the twin beds separated and on opposite sides of the room. The floor space was amazing!! The beds were tucked under the pull down beds, so yes, we did hit our heads a couple times, but I swear those things are made from rubber because it never hurt. The bathroom was also set up the way I like, for the shower to be on one side and the toilet the opposite, with the sink in the center. It makes it feel like there's so much more room in there. Food: The food on this cruise was delicious! I can't say there was anything I ate that I was the least bit unhappy with. We ate in the dining room a couple of nights but mostly stuck with the lido for all three meals. We did have brunch in the dining room one time and that was tremendous. Service: This is where this cruise lacked the most. I was continuously skipped over in lines, even when I was obviously the next "customer." I'm not going to go into detail because that would take quite a while, considering the amount of times this happened, but it was at three different bars- the casino bar, the lobby bar, and the lido aft bar. It was extremely frustrating. Another area of service that lacked was the room service. When we asked for something, it was not delivered. Our towels were not always replaced. Forks were left behind on the counter. It just seemed as though the entire cleaning process was rushed and the result was not what I typically expect from Carnival. The ports: Half Moon Cay is beautiful. I would love to visit there again! I'm not personally a fan of crowded beaches, but the island itself is one of the most beautiful I've seen. We took the snorkeling excursion (by boat) and this was the BEST snorkeling I've ever done. The food on the island was edible, but not great. Nassau is Nassau. We paid entirely too much money to walk around one tank at Atlantis. Ripoff. The Entertainment Staff: These are typically some of my favorite people on board. I liked the Cruise Director (Felipe) and the Comedy Host (Alex?), but I didn't really see much of anyone else. One thing about Felipe is he can get too carried away. He goes on and on and on about one thing, and, while funny, it drags out the shows. Entertainment: The comedians on board were really good!! I believe we made it to all the adult shows. Other than comedy, we attended a few of the regulars- Hairy Chest, Not-So-Newlywed, etc., and some of the Playlist Productions. All shows were very entertaining! Debarkation: We chose self-assist and were off the ship almost as soon as we were able to be off. No issues to be had at all! Summary: All-in-all, great cruise. I really wish the customer service had been what Carnival typically delivers, but this time, it was not. All cruises can't be perfect, right?

The Carnival Fascination, A Great Cruise!

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by tdnosnhoj11