3. Freedom of the Seas
My family of 4 went on this cruise. It was myself, my husband and my 2 kids (boy 10 and girl 12). I want to begin by saying we took this same ship 3 years ago to the Western Caribbean and were blown away by the cruise so we took the same ship to the Eastern side. BIG MISTAKE…. The service the food the entertainment all went down hill! Embarkation process went very smooth. We walked right on the ship and headed up to Wind Jammer. Food there was always luke warm to cold and mushy. We only ate their the 1st and last day with minor pit stops along the way. We did purchase the royal replenishment and royal refreshment. There are only 3 spots on the ship where you can fill up your cups and 1/2 of the time they were always down or the line was about 10-20 people long. We had an interior room. It was falling apart. Our 1st night I opened the door and a screw fell out and hit me on the head. I told the attendant and he said put the screw on the counter and he would fix it. That screw was still sitting there when we left a week later. On the last cruise we had towel animals every night when we returned. This time we had it twice and the second time we couldn't figure out what it was. The was a moldy smell to our room so bring some fabreeze when you go. Now onto the kids program. Last cruise, I had to beg my kids to come to dinner. This cruise was a little different. My daughter being 12 was now in the older age group which is 12-17! When I first took her in she came right back out and said "Mom, there are grown men in there with mustaches!!" That 5 year difference is huge. They were able to come and go around the ship which made me very nervous. Luckily my daughter did find 1 other girl her age whose family felt the same way. The directors of the programs for the teens group were also very rude. They were constantly putting American's down and calling them stupid or ignorant which really upset my daughter. My son who was in the next group down should've been 9-11. Well they combined them with the younger group so it was 7-11. My son being very competitive and sports centered thought the activities were geared more toward the younger kids so he didn't stay very long because of boredom. On the last cruise, we played tons of trivia games, bingo and joined in other activities. We won lots of great prizes from free drinks to purses to shirts and hats. This cruise they must be going through big cut backs. The prizes consisted of highlights and pens!!! I did volunteer to play "Who wants to be a millionaire" and won a 20 min. scalp massage. The massage was wonderful and then she asked me if I wanted her to rinse the oil out of my hair. I said sure. $28 plus tip later I was shocked. She rinsed it out. Didn't dry it or comb it or wash it. Just rinse and it cost $28!!! That's crazy! So be aware if you win a prize it may cost you money. We did eat on the 3rd floor at the 8:00 dining time. The food had 3 really good nights 2 ok nights and 2 blah nights. Our main server was very good but his helper was a lost cause. He could barely speak English and just smiled and nodded at us. Entertainment: The game shows were good. The ice show was amazing. The magician sucked along with the comedian. Bingo was very expensive!! $40 for 1 pack that has 6 cards on it. And they only play 3 games!! The cruise director last time was amazing. This one was horrible. He was very milk toast. Not entertaining at all!!! Disembarkation - very smooth. Overall, very disappointed with the cruise. The WOW factor went away and the really that's it factor came into play. Definitely not worth the money spent this time.

A Big Let Down; No WOW Factor Here

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by walkerk234

Disembarkation - very smooth.

walkerk234’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Broken bathroom door.
Moldy smell
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

• Snorkeling
    People were not very friendly.
    View All 69 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Ultimate Beach and Snorkel
    Went on a raft for a guided tour through both the French and Dutch sides. Snorkeled in an inlet. (Not many fish). Then spent an hour at the beach. The Rum punch is amazing but be careful. It can sneak up on you.
    View All 11,896 Ultimate Beach and Snorkel Reviews
  • Snuba
    We took a taxi to coral world. We spent the day at Coki beach snorkeling. It is absolutely beautiful there. Then went to Coral World saw all of the animals then went Snuba. This was my kids first time trying this out. The leader was amazing with them.