3. Norwegian Escape
I read the reviews of this new ship before I went and din't believe them, but boy was I wrong. This is anew ship but is experiencing growing pains, big time. We were excited to cruise with this new ship after being on the Getaway last year, and thought this ship would be just as fantastic. So many things went wrong. Number one the creew is not meshing well, and not getting along with each other. This was observed by so many fellow cruisers we talked to. Everything from attitude in the restaurants to indifference and unfriendliness amongst the staff. The flowers that my husband ordered didn't show up the first day, and why, because after he ordered them and paid for them they went up by a penny so Norwegian cancelled the order. After our daughter spending three or more hrs on the phone and emailing them the receipt they admitted it was their fault. Our room steward was just awful and they changed him for a female room steward after day 2. Who was just wonderful. The first day we called him four times to remove the bedding he stored under the pullout couch for the next cruiser, and to empty the fridge. His idea of making up the room the first night, was to toss the next days itinerary on the bed. After my daughter getting through to them things turned around and we were treated like Royalty. The food was good, if it arrived cold I sent it back. Other times it could have been hotter. Sometimes, we were never offered an option of ordering a drink before dinner or offered a cup of coffee. You had to book everything, shows, restaurants, everything, or you didn't get in, or had a long wait. So much for freestyle. The ports were lovely, the ship was very clean. The Brat Pack was vulgar and inappropriate. On the Getaway we commented to the senior officers how we noticed all the shows didn't contain any swearing, well not on this shop. The Brat Pack was lewd, and should be taken off the ship. The comedians were inappropriate making jokes about adoption, drugs, and drunk driving.. Our cabin 14838 was in a good place. Close to the back and up two levels to the garden cafe. We found most of the activities unappealing. Lots to do, but it has to catch your interest. Not much shopping on board, as other ships we enjoy their sales,and pick up jewelry, good deals on watches etc. Tried to buy an expensive piece of jewelry in the gift shops and games were being played between the two staff members so we bought it in Nassau. Getting on and off the ship was well done. Wasn't impressed with the cruise director. Didn't see him all week. Only on the television. Anyhow, even though Norwegian gave us many perks and made up for the first day disappointment, don;t think I will be hurrying back to cruise with then anytime soon. Shore excursion to the beach in Tortola was fantastic. Its a hair raising ride, though, and we also did the Sky-ride in St. Thomas. An easy walk and a great view. Few little shops and a couple of restaurants. you pay the same whether you go yourself or book through the ship. Well worth doing. Fun to walk around the port in Nassau, lots of shops and restaurants and good deals to be had. Easy to take a tour of the island for reasonable cost or an excursion. Fun afternoon there.

Disappointed with the Escape!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by patlarry1976

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

patlarry1976’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 14838
This cabin is average in size. Dull colors. One picture on the wall. Well located. Bed was comfortable. When sitting on balcony, I kept hearing water running, this is because of a pipe which goes along down the balcony from the 16th floor, which is where the pool is, so always draining water, through it. Balcony bigger than on the Getaway.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins