3. Norwegian Star
We recently returned home to Melbourne, Australia. We had 1 nights stay in the beautiful city, Copenhagen. Time permitting, pre cruise I would suggest at least 2 nights. At the suggestion of my travel agent, I booked a balcony X category for 2 people and had considerable savings. Therefore we were not allocated a cabin until embarkation. The embarkation process was a breeze, well organised and very quick. Our cabin, 9208 starboard, exceeded my expectations. It was quite large with a large bathroom, and nice balcony with great view. Due to the nature of our cruise, i.e. cold climate we didn't spend long periods on the balcony,( but do rug up and enjoy it!) We appreciated the coffee /tea maker, the provision of a water jug and bucket of ice (kept filled), the twice daily room servicing, the cute animal towels left on our bed nightly. Our room steward was curteous and very obliging. The Norwegian Star albeit an older ship, has been nicely renovated recently. I had read reviews suggesting it was a" little tired" and showing signs of wear and tear, however we didn't find this to be the case. We had chosen a Speciality dining package for 4 meals and Ultimate drink package, which were great value. We ate at Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, La Cucina and Cagney's Steak House. These restaurants were excellent, especially Le Bistro (French) and Cagney" they were sublime! They are an occasion to dress up. The restaurants included in the cruise fare are also of a high standard. Especially Ginza Sheehans Bar and Grill. There are two main dining rooms. We preferred Versaille to Acqua as it was far more opulent, and had a nicer ambience.Especially if you like to dress up a little The nightly entertainment was fabulous. From Russian acrobats, to the very talented Spanish 4 stations (IL Divo style) to great cabaret shows with beautiful costumes and more. Two evening shows ensure everyone can attend. There were activities scheduled daily from morning until late at night. The Norwegian Star, ensures there is something for everyone aboard! The service provided, from all staff, including our cabin steward,the waiters ,mainstream and speciality restaurants, bar attendants etc was impeccable. The Ports of Call Alesund, Geiranger, Flam and Bergen were all very enjoyable and absolutely beautiful. A must do in Flam is the train ride (one of the great train journeys of the world and part of the Bergen railway). In Bergen the funicular cable ride was great. Both excursions, we enjoyed spectacular scenery. Most of the Ports were walk off which made it very easy and quick.On the one occasion we required tenders ashore, this was managed in a very orderly and efficient manner, allowing for swift passage. Disembarkation was well organised so was quick and easy. My only criticism was the long delays/ severe shortage of taxis into the city hotels or airports for soooo many people . My husband and I would highly recommend NCL Star and the Norwegian Fjords Cruise. It was worth our very long journey to the Embarkation Port.

Cruising Norwegian Style

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by vickygalea60

We recently returned home to Melbourne, Australia. We had 1 nights stay in the

The embarkation process was a breeze, well organised and very quick.

Our room steward was curteous and very obliging.

We ate at Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, La Cucina and Cagney's Steak House.

These restaurants were excellent, especially Le Bistro (French) and Cagney"

It was worth our very long journey to the Embarkation Port.
vickygalea60’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 9208
Our cabin on the 9th deck Starboard was considerably larger than
others in the same category, as it was intended for physically impaired persons so we benefited with extra space. I booked a balcony X for a considerable fare reduction.
and was not allocated a cabin until embarkation. It was very comfortable, a King size bed with lovely soft white linen, very nice pillows and a mattress topper. We slept incredibly
well! There were total blackout curtains, conducive to good sleep! Beyond, a small but
functional balcony with 2 chairs and small table. Two nice armchairs, a flatscreen television, vanity table and chair. Great hairdryer, coffee/tea maker, Jug of water and ice bucket replenished twice daily. Plenty of cupboard space, even for a much longer cruise.
A large bathroom with fresh towels changed twice daily if needed. An animal towel created every night and left on our bed.The room was serviced twice daily.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins