3. Pacific Eden
This was my third cruise, and my first on the Pacific Eden. Also my first cruise with my 11 year old, low verbal autistic child with me. First, the ship, it was beautiful. Plenty of seating areas, beautiful decor, and a lovely atmosphere. I watched 2 movies in the cinema, not bad, but i do prefer the outdoor screen on the other ships more. Also getting to the dining rooms was a little confusing till you worked out best ways to get there. Our room was clean, fairly spacious and our attendants did a great job tidying up after us, and looking after us in general. Our TV didn't work, I rang reception, explained it will be an important feature to our room considering in the evenings ill be keeping an autistic kid occupied with it, and it was replaced within 20 minutes of the call. Brilliant. I didn't get to check out Oasis for kid free time, but I will make a point of it next time. The pool was not filled for the first day due to tiles having been replaced, but once it was open, it was great to swim in. We made use of the spas till then. Food was abit below the standard i have had previously with P&O, portion sizes were smaller, less sides were available, but there was always something tasty available to eat. I generally prefer to eat in the dining room for dinner, but ended up preffering The Pantry on this cruise. The grill closed slightly earlier one night, so we ordered room service (burgers and chips). It came fast, was hot and tasted great. My guilty pleasure of the cruise though were the little fruit flans they have at the sugar bar. Service was abit different to previous cruises too, there were less waiters wandering around the pool deck, but there was still plenty of access to get a drink, i just had to wander to the bar slightly more than i was used to. The staff were all lovely, and went out of there way to accomadate any possible request we had. Entertainment was the usual, Karaoke, Live music, Trivia, Scavenger hunts. The kiddo went to kids club for about half of the cruise, and he loved it. The staff were fantastic, had no worries about his autism, and when he disrupted the movie, they didn't page me and stop his fun, they let him play star wars (one of his favorite things), and kept him happy till I arrived to get him. I was worried that I would be paged with every issue and have to collect him, this did not happen. The kids staff are wonderful, and happy to deal with disabilities. I also loved seeing the bar staff dressed for gatsby night, so did my son, he was happy, cos they were dressed exactly like him, he felt even more special. Overall, a little different from my past P&O cruises, but still every bit as enjoyable, and I am happily booking us both in for the New Years cruise now that i know that even though my child has a disability, we will both get to have a great holiday.

Kids club staff fantastic with disabilities

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by evillissy

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Nowhere

evillissy’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get P&O Australia Pacific Eden price drops

Cabin was clean, spacious, and I could sleep on that bed forever