• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Our business is not appreciated!

Review for Emerald Princess to the Western Caribbean
CANMARTO
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin:

My wife and I recently returned from a short Princess cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Unfortunately, this was the most unenjoyable experience that we have had while cruising with Princess, or any other line. Our disappointment started when we entered our cabin. We had never experienced a cabin with bunks on the walls. We elected to have Princess select our cabin. It was not a good fit for an older couple. Getting out of bed in the dark was a hazard because the presence of the bunks did not allow one to stand up straight while getting in and out of bed.

The next disappointment occurred around midnight when we were awakened with yelling and jumping from the next cabin. We struggled out of bed trying to avoid hitting our shoulders and called the front desk. The noise was quieted that night. The next morning I went to the front desk to express my concern about the bed situation and the noise in the hallway for the rest of the night and early morning. The desk person said that he would pass on my concerns to the manager and that I would hear back. We never heard back!

I took note that a message was sent out prior to the cruise cautioning passengers about the Zika threat. Another warning should have been posted regarding the fact that half of the passengers would involve everyone else in a wild spring break movie. Most of the time things did not operate in Princess Fashion. That is, young people were allowed in eating areas with no shirts and almost no clothes in some cases.

Port Reviews

Grand Turk

Not much to see here.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Visited relatives