Emerald Princess Cruise Review
1,737 Reviews

Our business is not appreciated!

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by CANMARTO

• Sail Date: Mar 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

My wife and I recently returned from a short Princess cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Unfortunately, this was the most unenjoyable experience that we have had while cruising with Princess, or any other line. Our disappointment started when we entered our cabin. We had never experienced a cabin with bunks on the walls. We elected to have Princess select our cabin. It was not a good fit for an older couple. Getting out of bed in the dark was a hazard because the presence of the bunks did not allow one to stand up straight while getting in and out of bed.

The next disappointment occurred around midnight when we were awakened with yelling and jumping from the next cabin. We struggled out of bed trying to avoid hitting our shoulders and called the front desk. The noise was quieted that night. The next morning I went to the front desk to express my concern about the bed situation and the noise in the hallway for the rest of the night and early morning. The desk person said that he would pass on my concerns to the manager and that I would hear back. We never heard back!

I took note that a message was sent out prior to the cruise cautioning passengers about the Zika threat. Another warning should have been posted regarding the fact that half of the passengers would involve everyone else in a wild spring break movie. Most of the time things did not operate in Princess Fashion. That is, young people were allowed in eating areas with no shirts and almost no clothes in some cases.

I had to write a follow up message to communicate my ongoing disappointment with their customer service regarding an unhappy travel experience. After trading phones calls for a few days, I finally had a conversation with a customer service representative, Kyle. He apologized and was sorry that we did not have our typically pleasant Princess experience. He also indicated that he would share my comments with management so that the service could be improved. In the end, there was very little satisfaction from that exchange. We still have memories of a negative experience, a poor use of money and, especially, vacation time!

There was very little that was pleasant about this voyage, save for the entertainment, which is always exceptional. Unless we were in port, there were virtually no deck lounges available, and no way to hear the Movies under the Stars because of the boisterous crowds that could not be controlled by the ship's staff. No one controlled a dress code in the buffet area, i.e. no shirts and cover-ups. (No class!)

In addition to having an uncomfortable cabin, the toilet was inoperable until the morning of our first night at sea.

Therefore, we requested a refund on our future Cruise deposit and Kyle said fine. After sailing with Princess about ten times, we now longer feel that our business is worth anything.

CANMARTO's Full Rating Summary