3. Carnival Vista
My first impression of this new ship was "wow". Now here are my lists of positives and negatives. The Positives Excellent ship layout, people flowed between areas and nowhere ever felt crowded. The free serenity area with its cabanas and hammocks was lovely. The food was excellent. The I max cinema was fantastic. The waterworks was amazing. The skyride was incredible, and free. The staff were friendly, enthusiastic and more than happy to help. The cabin was well laid out and spacious, though wardrobe space was tight. Most of the bars had great entertainment every evening. The Negatives The liquid lounge was dissappointing( I would prefer a proper theatre) and the view was spoiled by pillars, especially upstairs. The punchliner comedy club in the limelight was also dissappointing as most of the comedians were American and not appreciated, or understood by us British.The view was again ruined by pillars blocking the stage view. The Horizon dining room felt too casual, no tablecloths or flowers or centrepieces on tables, except on the 2 formal evenings. Guests arrived on formal nights in scruffy clothes and trainer shoes. The 2 excursions we took were appalling, badly organised and not as described. The announcements are too loud, too frequent and too early. Embarkation in Barcelona was very slow and tedious. First aid staff not properly trained, they failed to even record an accident or ask for a name and cabin number following an accident between my elderly mother and a scooter. The muster drill was a bit chaotic and the crush of people leaving the horizon dining room all at once was frightening, leading to my mothers accident with a scooter.

Overall very good

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Bonnycatty

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

The Positives

The free serenity area with its cabanas and hammocks was lovely.

The food was excellent.

The I max cinema was fantastic.

The waterworks was amazing.

The skyride was incredible, and free.

The staff were friendly, enthusiastic and more than happy to help.

The cabin was well laid out and spacious, though wardrobe space was tight.

Most of the bars had great entertainment every evening.

The Negatives

The 2 excursions we took were appalling, badly organised and not as described.

The announcements are too loud, too frequent and too early.

Embarkation in Barcelona was very slow and tedious.

Bonnycatty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Interior
Cabin 4G 7420
Our 2 interconnecting cabins were well laid out, cheerful and well planned. The bathroom was functional and it was good to have a fridge.The only problem was that wardrobe space was very limited.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins