3. Celebrity Reflection
First let me say that although my wife and I are experienced travellers we have only been on 4 cruises, as we sailed on the Equinox 2 years ago we had no hesitation booking this cruise on the Reflection. This means that obviously our review is going to be unintentionally coloured by our great experience on the Equinox. People seem to start their reviews by their boarding experience so here goes : On the ship within 10 minutes of reaching the port. Excellent 10/10 Then into the buffet for a bite to eat and a bottle of corona, We had a classic drinks package, same as 2 years ago so knew which beers we could drink, Corona was good enough for me. Into our cabin 6129, by 1.30 p.m., some previous room reviews commented on entertainment noise, maybe on 3 occasions we heard a slight drum/bass beat in the afternoon but nothing to write home about. Cabin was absolutely fine, great shower etc. but my wife seems to think the toiletries are not as good including no shower hats, not that this bothers a (nearly) bald man. Our stewards introduced themselves telling us to ask for anything and they would do their best, no need, everything good to go. For our dining we used the buffet for breakfast and lunch, then the main dining room for evening dinner, Breakfasts were great, if you want fresh orange to start ask at the bar but remember there's a charge unless you have a drinks package, otherwise just use the machine. Go to the British station for real bacon (ham to the U.S.) otherwise its crispy streaky bacon at the other stations . Cannot fault the breakfast buffet. For lunch we also used the buffet, again great, my wife mainly settled for a minute steak or chicken with salad, for me it was a curry, spaghetti, fish and chips, or pizza followed by ice cream, my wife thought that having salad entitled her to fill a second plate with cakes. Being a bit unadventurous drinks at dinner were a nice cold shandy made from corona and sprite. Really enjoyed a coffee from the buffet to take outside after the meal. We used the main dining room every night (no speciality restaurants) and found everything good. Food is obviously a personal choice but here are some of my favourites, Jerk chicken, Rib of Beef, Fish ( drum, snapper, haddock) and the N.Y.steak off the daily menu. The warm apple pie and ice cream was my favourite dessert my wifes was creme caramel. The cabins, dining and service were really good, could not of asked for more - but now comes the not so good part, I get the impression that celebrity is creating a two or even three class system on their ships, the number of cabins/suites ,speciality restaurants, drink packages etc. available, Then of course the dress code, which marketing man came up with smart casual/evening chic. If it's not broke don't fix it, surely if someone goes to any restaurant inappropriately dressed wherever they are they will be refused entry. Don't complicate matters. The entertainment in the theatre was not as good as i would expect, I got the impression that whoever created the crew member productions was a broadway wannabee on his own ego trip, cannot fault the cast with their enthusiasm but they cannot fulfil their potential with this material.- 3/10 - poor material acapella group We3 - 6/10 - repetetive after 20 minutes Angel strings - Violin music -dance show, can't comment as we didn't go. Just John and Paul - Beatles tribute, 7/10 - music everyone knows David Austen - West end style singer- 8/10 - good singer, good songs Queens of Rythm - motown music - 8/10 - as above Probably the most enjoyable show was the karaoke competition, heats most nights in the sky lounge, followed by the final in the main theatre. thanks everyone for entering. The house band - Blind Vinyl - who played different venues on the ship were pretty good - 8/10 Please believe me, we are not miserable its just I get the impression that celebrity does not know who its core customers are. Suggestion to celebrity - change the broadway show to include musicals people know, i.e. Rodgers and Hammerstein, A.L.Webber etc. not off- Broadway productions which no-one knows. Put on a rat pack show one night,-it can't be hard to realise that the average age of your cruisers is 45 plus. Also on the equinox, everynight there'd be a little trivia or music quiz, just a bit of fun before lights out , little things that made other cruises great for us seemed to be missing on the reflection Ports of call , been to most of the areas before so for us it was just a chance to stretch our legs on shore Santorini - nice view from the top via the cable car but has to be the most expensive place for a beer in the mediterranean. Athens - Open top hop on/hop off bus from piraeus ,15 euros, acropolis and the parliament then back to the boat to chill out. Mykonos - stretch legs then back to the boat .. Kusadasi - probably our favourite port except for the traders outside the shops and restaurants, bought a real fake rolex, 10 euros. Bodrum - nice but as above , dodgy traders. Chania - Local bus from the port into the city , nice harbour to walk round and get a drink. Naples - we used open top hop on/hop off bus for a run round the city, 22 euros, - outside the terminal there are shuttle buses to pompei, 20 euros, sorrento 30 euros. There are also small ferries across the bay to Capri which is only a 10 minute ride, Final comments regarding the ship, - Inside the seating areas are very limited around the grand foyer for anyone wanting to listen to the music . Outside is generally great however the deck furniture , especially on the sunset bar area is looking very tired, I would of thought that the beginning of the season everything would be shipshape and Bristol fashion, I hate to think what it will be like come the end of mediterranean season. Would i go again with celebrity, maybe not, maybe the equinox spoilt it for us by being so good. But 10/10 for the crew.

Celebrity Changing

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by holgate

People seem to start their reviews by their boarding experience so here goes :

On the ship within 10 minutes of reaching the port. Excellent 10/10

acapella group We3 - 6/10 - repetetive after 20 minutes

Angel strings - Violin music -dance show, can't comment as we didn't go.

Just John and Paul - Beatles tribute, 7/10 - music everyone knows

David Austen - West end style singer- 8/10 - good singer, good songs

Queens of Rythm - motown music - 8/10 - as above

Mykonos - stretch legs then back to the boat ..

Bodrum - nice but as above , dodgy traders.

holgate’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 1B 6129
good, no shower gel , shower cap, slight music noise during the afternoon a couple of times but nothing to worry about.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins