Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review
1,650 Reviews

Panama Canal cruise was fabulous!!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Gramma no

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 10

I arrived in San Francisco on the Wednesday prior to the cruise, toured the city, rode the street cars, walked the many hills. I had arranged for a tour to pick me up at my hotel (Petite Auberge) on Thursday Morning, visited Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Golden Gate Bridge, the landscape and wine fabulous. I took a cab to the ship, next time I will bring a smaller suitcase, embarkation was easy, and my room was ready soon after I had lunch.

I took the tour from Monterey to see Pebble Beach & Carmel By the Sea, no regrets!

In Guatemala I took the guided tour of Antigua, the guide was great, wished I had bought more tapestries and shawls...beautiful colors. (they get a little pushy trying to sell there wares). The Jade museum was fabulous. In Costa Rica I enjoyed the the trek through the jungle...hot beautiful, not for people with walking issues. The highlight of the journey was going through the canal, such a historical event for me. In Colon I took the tour of the Embera Indian Village, the people were beautiful and welcoming. I wished I had put my rain poncho on heading back from the village in the dugout canoe...hit some rain, and did not want to "rock the boat" trying to put it on. Take cash as the crafts are expensive but so worth buying.

In Cartengena I took a boat/walking tour...wished I would have done something else as I wanted to buy an emerald and we had no time to shop.

There was not one thing to complain about on the ship, the food,service,staff and most of the passengers were great. I did run in to a few people who had been on many cruises and they were rude, picky maybe they just weren't ready for a well deserved holiday. I found myself tired of eating the big meals in the formal dining room, but it was a great way to meet people. We did go to the buffet on a few nights to break up the 17 days. Most of the entertainment was good, no cheezy acts, and the cruise director Patti Honacki was so much fun.

I would recommend this cruise, it is hot and humid that time of the year, bring lots of sunscreen, and light clothes. Disembarked in Fort Lauderdale, without any issues, I had booked the shuttle to the airport through Celebrity so encountered no hassles.

This was the 2nd cruise that I have been on and because I was by myself on this one I saw so much more than with a travel companion; as I did whatever I wanted without worrying about anyone else. The sunrises and sunsets were spectacular. I came home rested, rejuvenated and ready for work to plan for my next adventure.

Gramma no's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom 10
Cabin 10 3034

The cabin was spacious,bright and am so glad my travel agent chose it for me. In rough seas you felt very little swaying. There was plenty of storage/closet space for one person...I took too many clothes for 17 days of travel. My big suitcase fit nicely under the bed. The service was great from the room steward.

Muir Woods

Picked up at my hotel around 08:00, entered Muir Woods before other tours, a magical, peaceful place. We then went onto tour a few wineries in Sonoma Wine country, the wine was excellent. Our guide then took us off the tour to allow us fabulous camera shots of the Golden Gate Bridge. An all day trip.

View All 33 Muir Woods Reviews
Puerto Vallarta

It was great to just get off the ship, I just walked across the street to Walmart to stock up on sunscreen and lighter clothing.

Rainforest Tour

Beautiful scenery.

View All 28 Rainforest Tour Reviews
17 Mile Drive

I enjoyed the bus tour, the scenery was fantastic, well worth taking.

View All 11 17 Mile Drive Reviews
Cabo San Lucas

Spent the day by the pool, and took time out for a massage.

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

The tour of the convent and the walking tour of Antigua was fabulous. I especially enjoyed the jade museum. The tour guide was very good, and I realized that I am not great at bartering with the ladies selling their crafts.

Embera Indian Tour

The highlight of my trip, stepped way out of my comfort zone, and enjoyed it thoroughly! Highly recommend.

View All 29 Embera Indian Tour Reviews
Harbour Tour

The harbor tour was good, but the time line was off...I felt ripped off as we could hardly hear the guide, we were told to be back at the harbor for our ride back at certain time, no time to look at the emerald factory that we were right beside. (yet the our tour that left the same time we did, came back to the ship way after we did) I don't recommend this excursion.

View All 24 Harbour Tour Reviews