3. MSC Opera
Right from the start we had hassles. We did not embark 'till 19:30 (Correct Time)and as soon as we hit the deck we were harassed by three different staff members trying to sell us drinks packages and this is before we got off the deck. We managed to get to the dining room by 21:00 and same hard sell from the waiter. Still undecided we settled for two glasses of house wine. Seeing as there was no water supplied we opted for the drinks package the next day, only to be told that they could't include last nights wine as it wasn't "House Wine"????? Our Cabin was without a doubt the smallest we've ever encountered on the high seas and Tyrion Lannister would have had trouble getting in the shower! The food was pitiful, you would think on an Italian ship you would get great pasta, not so, cluggy rubbish and the Pizza, we've had better $2 specials from the supermarket, the hamburgers were disgusting, I wish I could post a photo. I ordered steak in the dining room only to have two pieces of beef cut from a roast served up! On every other ship we've been on, hygiene has been #1 priority, the hand wash stands were tucked so far back they were hard to find AND NO ONE checked to see if you had used them! People were picking up food in the buffet with their hands and then putting it down again, gross.The only saving grace on this cruise were the staff, particularly at the reception desk. I guess the deck entertainment was a language thing, but the Three Stooges was never my idea of comedy. We didn't bother with any shore excursions, too pricey, but you get that on most cruises now. Give this ship a "Wide Berth" :-(

Avoid at all costs!