3. Magellan
1 night cruise from Newcastle to Tilbury to experience the ship. It's nice but as some said doesn't have any WOW factors. The restaurants and food was excellent. There was plenty of room in the show theatre. There was only 1 showing and I think as people had seen it before many didn't bother. The entertainment staff put a lot of energy and effort into the Around the World show. Not enough seats in the lounge for the "cabaret" performance so can't comment on that. Cabin was nice and spacious, as was the shower. However, I've never heard such noisy air conditioning and you can't adjust it/turn it off. Really loud. Could also hear next doors tv and them coughing at night. I'd definitely take earplugs if I went on again. No tea/coffee making facilities in room and though tea and coffee are free 24 hours a day I like to have a cup when I wake up rather than going up on deck to drink it/bring it down to the cabin. We used the gym which was adequate and we were the only ones in there. Shame there's no outdoor sports facilities. Check in was slow, despite being given a time to arrive/embark it was at least an hour behind. Hopefully better when on a proper cruise. Still it was a great opportunity to get to know the ship. Some of the paperwork Cruise & Maritime sent was confusing (eg no luggage labels yet mentioning them, not clear if hand luggage in or carry it on yourself (it's actually the latter). Car parking instructions unclear. All meant 2 phone calls to query it.

1 night cruise to get to know the ship.

Magellan Cruise Review by nw17

Still it was a great opportunity to get to know the ship.

nw17’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Spacious but unfortunately paper thin walls and extremely noisy air con.