3. Navigator of the Seas
This was our first transatlantic cruise and it was wonderful. There were some minor issues which is why I can't give it a 5. I would give a 4.5 if I could however. There was plenty to do on the ship as they really did try to offer a variety especially with being at sea for 6 days. I brought along some "things to do" anyhow. I especially enjoyed some of the crew offering basic language classes in Spanish, Portuguese and French. We had "cheat sheets" to carry with us just in case. I checked the Compass every evening to see what was going on the next day. Very good evening shows in the theater. The ice dancing show was awesome. We opted for tours in Ponta Delgada & Lisbon, Portugal as well as Paris, France. Very enjoyable and the tour guides were very informative. The 1st day of touring was rather disorganized and many complained about getting off the ship and getting on it. We were at least 45 minutes late in getting off the ship for our tour. It took us about 30 minutes to get back on but for others it was an hr or more. Amends and improvements were made as we received a 15% credit off our excursion cost plus changes were made going forward to make it easier to get off the ship. However there was still a bit of an issue with getting off at the time indicated which could have been due in part to the tides and where to put the ramps. Not their fault. We were pleased with the food offered but then we were looking for some different options. Our dining room servers, Reynante and Boohpendra, were really good as was our bar server Howard. We sometimes asked what their recommendations were for the main entree and weren't disappointed. We don't usually see the head waiter on our cruises but that wasn't the case this time. Unfortunately I don't recall his name but he came over and talked with us a few times. He asked how everything was going, did we have any concerns with the dining or in other areas of the ship. He was very good. We had MyTime dining for the first time and am going with it again on our next cruise. We weren't happy with our room attendant's service but he could have been new to the position or had too many cabins. Our cabin was set up with 2 towels and 1 small bar of soap for 2 people. I asked for a couple more towels but we didn't get that day or the next morning so we had to ask again. The 3rd time I said I would at least like 1 more towel. We didn't get more soap so I had to spend $19 for a bottle of shower gel. I also had to ask at least 3 times for more toilet paper as we were down to less than 1/2 a roll at one point. We had a bath mat one morning but it was taken away and we didn't see another for at least a week so we used a hand towel. After a week onboard, we received a tube of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion. One day our room didn't receive service so I went to the desk. We were in the cabin when the attendant came the 1st time but we left within 30 minutes. He could have come back but he didn't. We didn't have the card to place in the door to make up the room because he took the card on the 1st day. We did eventually get one back. However, in spite of the issues mentioned, the good outweighed the bad so we have booked another cruise on the same ship for next year.

First Transatlantic Cruise

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by bythesea53

bythesea53’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

We had a very nice cabin with a balcony which we very much enjoyed. For just the two of us, we had ample space.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Paris
    Glad we weren't driving through Paris!! The tour guide was very informative. We were told we would have 3.5 hrs on our own but we had just under 3 hrs. We took a river cruise on the Seine which enabled us to see more of the buildings but not experience anything else. The river cruise is 1 hr. but expect to take longer by the time one walks to the location to get on the boat and the wait time. We got off the bus at approx. 1:40 and had to be back on the bus at 4:30. We purchased the river cruise tickets from the tour guide. The other option was tickets to the Louvre. As much as I would have loved to visit the Louvre, there just wasn't time to see much. It was 4 p.m. by the time we got off the boat from the river cruise and we still had not eaten. We managed to get to a corner tavern to purchase our lunch to take back to the bus. If I were to do it again, I would just walk around the area or hire a pedestrian pedal cab.
  • Lisbon
    Again our tour guide was very informative and we did get to see a lot of the area. We stopped in various locations which was nice as well. Some may still have had some problems getting on and off the bus. As with the Ponte Delgada tour, we didn't have time to do any shopping or to sample the fish or breads for which the locations were known. Still enjoyed the tour however.
    View All 796 Lisbon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Lisbon Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    We strolled through the town and visited a convent and a couple gardens. Stopped at a cafe and enjoyed a cup of cappucino and shared a custard tart. For us it was enjoyable but for others, not as much. The streets were cobblestone which made it hard for those in wheelchairs or using canes or walkers. There was a lot of walking in the gardens we visited. Many did not get off the bus at the 2nd garden as it was too much for them. So excellent for us but not so for many others.
    View All 12,810 City Tour Reviews
  • Vigo
    My husband and I enjoyed doing our own exploring at this port. We strolled around the town which was very nice. A little frustrating at first only because we had to get our bearings as to where we were exactly on the map. The street names are on the buildings, not on posts. Be aware that if one can't walk uphill, better to hire a cab or take a tour.
    View All 433 Vigo Cruise Port Reviews