3. Harmony of the Seas
I am giving a review more of the ship than the cruise. We had a four night cruise leaving Southampton to Rotterdam. We also knew this was a tester cruise and certain thing might not be working etc so we did travel knowing these things. All in all I would say things where plenty good enough, the water show wasn't ready but apart from that nothing to moan about really as things like workmen being here and there doing final fixing etc was expected. I have to say well done as always to the ease of embarkation to the ship, I was worried that a ship of this size would struggle but it was a doddle, in fact it was so good it makes you think how fantastic was that. Our room was a balcony cabin (8678) which was once again what you come to expect from RC and that is lovely, I would have preferred the bed near the window rather than when you walk in but that's a bit of a nothing. Lovely delightful cabin staff as again what seems to be the norm with RC. Now everything here sounds perfect and yet I have given a 3 star (average rating) This is due to lots of things that I found where just not as good on this ship as others. Having to book for shows made things more awkward, having to book the specialty restaurants the same again. The fact johnny rockets the bars almost everywhere was a case of get in the que. Certain places like guest lobby we waited over 30 minutes to get served. And maybe the worst one was the Diamond club, this was simply a waste of time even trying to get a drink never mind a seat. I cannot exactly put my finger on it but if I was booking a full 7day plus holiday as I will be doing I would try my hardest to avoid Harmony and go on a smaller class of ship. I went on the Allure of the seas last year and even though that is almost as big I found that much better. I should say the holiday overall was fantastic and worth every penny, I should also say the Ice Show and Grease where as good if not better than any west end show. I actually think as I sit here I should give 4 stars but I am going to stick with 3 as that's overall what I felt. I would say try the Harmony for yourselves, I feel this will be a good ship for family's and kids etc. I won't review the 4 restaurants we ate at but again I felt these where all very average but the service as Wonderland was dreadful.

Average but so close to being good

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by topsyt

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Europe

topsyt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

loved the cabin, considered one looking into the ship but really pleased we didn't go down that route
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans