• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin:
This was my diet ice cream each night!!
This is the entree for dieters!!
This is our ship!!

Came in two days before sailing to check out New Orleans. Drove from Jupiter, Florida. First few to board and get set-up. Crew went out of their way to make your happy. Excellent food in main dining and the Front Porch. Super wait staff all around. Land tours were very good and you get to see and hear about much history of days gone bye.

We were in room #208 and you have to expect the usual noises that ships make. When I visited the engine room after we were under way to see the two steam engines up close and personal, my first remark to one of the engineers was that how quiet they were as I stood between them both. Not even having to speak loudly, I was amazed. The engine room itself was the cleanest thing imaginable. No dust, dirt or grease anywhere, truly, not what I had expected.

Having cruised dozens of times, this was a great one and our forth river cruise so far. Our first was down the Yangtze river in China, then two with Avalon in Amsterdam and Budapest. For an American crew I was truly amazed by the high level of service that they delivered. Ship was well maintained and clean all around

Cabin E

Clean and nice all around

13 Helpful Votes