3. Carnival Triumph
We travel with a group every January. This year we chose to take one leg of a Journeys cruise. We chose this because it stopped in a couple places we've not gone before; Bonaire and Grenada. We stayed in a premium balcony cabin on deck 8. Loved it. DH and I do spend time in our cabin and on our balcony. This cabin had just a little extra space. If we'd had a 3rd person with us there still would have been plenty of room. Steward (Marco) was wonderful. Room service never let us down. I was nervous about the length of this cruise but I could have stayed for the next 10 days. I like the way Galveston embarkation works...you choose a time you want to come and don't show up early. We are Platinum and generally board around noon. Everything went very smooth. We enjoyed all the silliness on Lido. When it got to be too much we just headed down to our balcony. The shows were fine. I'm pretty easy to please, and I plan to have a good time so I generally do. The underwater sculpture garden in Grenada was fun. I did a discover scuba through a local dive shop so I could get down in with the sculptures. Loved it. In Bonaire we went to a resort that offered unlimited shore diving. Since I'm not certified I relaxed on one of the many decks and read while my group did some diving. Then we had lunch and they did some more diving. I would love to come back to this island and see more of it. We always sign up for early seating for dinner. This year was probably the worst dining experience we've encountered on Carnival. We reported it and I assume the involved parties will get the additional training they need. Food was great, service was not. The spa ladies were very helpful. I had a pedicure before we left home and managed to ruin it before I got on the ship so I had them do it again the day we embarked. I ruined that before the first week was up and they repaired it at no extra charge. Don't know how I'm so hard on my toes! We disembarked in San Juan. Since our flight didn't leave until 5pm we took the bus tour to the fort and the rain forest. It was a nice way to kill time. I must say, I could have spent a lot more time wandering around that fort. The views were amazing. All in all a great vacation. I got home feeling very rested and the feeling lasted for a couple weeks. Would I go again? Heck yes! I will go again when I can do it without having to fly to or from San Juan...so that will probably have to wait until I'm retired.

Journeys Cruise on the Triumph

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by kymann1

kymann1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin 9B 8422
Plenty of room. There were 2 of us but I can imagine this cabin would accommodate 3 with no trouble. Didn't notice any noise from above or below. Excellent steward.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins