Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Excellent 1st Cruise Experience!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by churchladee

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

I chose Carnival because of price/value for what I was looking for in a cruise. I got more bang for my buck than expected. The entire crew/staff was excellent - they went above and beyond to make sure that we all had a memorable experience.

I chose the 5-day Western Caribbean cruise, so I departed from Tampa. Embarkation, and disembarkation went smoothly, considering how many people they had to move. No complaints there. The ship's decor is rather antiquated (Love Boat feel), but everything else was great. Food was good and entertainment was, too.

Excursions promoted by the cruise were great! The guarantee that you wouldn't be left behind should one of the promoted tours return late was a huge relief, as things happen. Excursion leaders were all good and did a great job at giving us a glimpse into the culture and telling us the best places to shop.

I was looking forward to my next cruise long before we docked in Tampa. Thank you, Carnival, for a great cruise experience.

churchladee's Full Rating Summary

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A U169

Cabin was neat, clean, and served its purpose (as, we weren't in there a whole lot). I traveled with my sister. We had bunk beds and they were comfortable. Two-four times a day, our statesman came and tidied the room, left fresh towels, left towel animals, left ship-related information, etc. He turned down our beds at night before we returned and beds were made when we returned from breakfast.

Glass bottom boat allowed us to view fish and boat wreckage. On land, we toured the island and were told of the culture/history. Did tequila/rum cake tastings and had numerous photo ops.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Mariachi band, dancers, dance lessons, tequila tasting, lunch, more tequila tasting! Fabulous! Oh, and shopping and stop at a bakery for fresh made goods. Lots of walking, but lots of fun.

View All undefined undefined Reviews