3. Viking Baldur
Viking definitely provides a 5-star experience! This was my first Viking adventure and I will surely go on another. We traveled aboard the Viking Baldur which was very nice and clean, rooms were well appointed and provided everything needed. The only time I spent in my stateroom was to sleep, I don't cruise to sit in my room!!!! The water level was low in Budapest so we could not board our boat there but were bused to Vienna where we boarded. We spent one night in a beautiful 4-star hotel in Budapest and provided free dinner and breakfast the next day. Viking even provided a river boat cruise the first evening down the Danube in Budapest, since we were not on our Viking boat. They made sure that we did not miss any part of the planned adventure even though we were not on our boat the first night. I particularly enjoyed the cruise because there were less than 200 passengers and a small crew that we were able to get to know during our week together. The Captain was in the atrium as we disembarked from the boat the last day, saying goodbye to passengers. He gave me a hug and we took a selfie! Food was delicious, wine and beer was included with lunch and dinner, at no charge. Service was delightful. There was no formal night and dress onboard the ship was casual, most dressed in slacks for the evening meal although I did notice jeans and tshirts on a couple of folks even at night. In the evening at almost every port, someone from the area came aboard and shared aspects of the local culture to include food, drink, dancing, music, discussions etc. Also included in the price of the river cruise was a daily bus and walking tour of the city in which we were docked. The guides of these tours were from the local community and were very knowledgeable. Because the tour involved a lot of walking, they made sure to accommodate those who were unable to walk as fast and provided a second guide for those who toured at a slower pace This was one of my favorite trips ever!!!!

Viking River Cruise from Budapest to Passau

Viking Baldur Cruise Review by marilynptx

• Sail Date: November 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

This was one of my favorite trips ever!!!!
marilynptx’s Full Rating Summary