3. Viking Buri
I ended up on this my first river cruise by default. My cousin's friend was returning from New Zealand and it seemed too short a turn around to go on the cruise so she asked her to see if she could find someone to take her place. I was the lucky person and was not disappointed. It was my first but it will not be my last. The Buri staff was wonderful. I was so impressed by the food and the service. By the second sitting, even though there was open seating, staff knew preferences. I was impressed with the portion control and the organization of the kitchen under the direction of Executive Chef Dimitris Sidiropoulos. I was even more impressed after a tour he led of his kitchen and a subsequent trip to the market with him and the Programme Director Jean-Pierre Enguix. My family had a restaurant for 55 years so I certainly appreciate that part of the cruise very much. Everything from port and shore excursions and life on board was well done. We were well treated from the time of arrival at the airport until our departure. Unfortunately we were the first group off the boat and had to get a 6:30 a.m. flight from Lyon but we still had the opportunity to be offered a good breakfast. The organization of the departure was impressive but then the whole cruise was superbly organized. Jean Pierre was an excellent Programme Director and everywhere making sure we were well looked after. Top marks to all. My previous travels have taken me to land travel in Bolivia, Venezula, U.S., China, trekking & camping in Tibet and living in a gur camp in Mongolia .

Fabulous, especially the food and the excellent attention of everyone on board.

Viking Buri Cruise Review by Valerie Mah

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Valerie Mah’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Buri price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 234
Excellent and quite sufficient for two. Liked that once we unpacked there was ample room to put the suitcases away and out of sight. Staff were attentive and the room was always tidy by the time we had returned from morning excursions.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins