3. Grand Princess
My first cruise and I thought it was great. The main reason we choose this cruise was it departed from San Francisco. Since I live in the Bay Area it was so easy to get to the ship. The embarkation and disembarkation was very easy. I traveled with my Mom who used a wheelchair most of the time. I wish I would have know to ask for a larger room as it was a pain in the neck to get the chair through the cabin door. Luckily it was collapsible but still difficult. It was sunny and warm in SF that day but as soon as we left the bay it was really cold. I wish I would have know to bring a jacket. We had to buy them on the ship. It did not warm up until we were much farther south. We took the tequila tasting trip in Puerto Vallarta and really enjoyed it. They sold tacos there and they were really good. Manzanillo was a easy off and on and a lot of the stores were in walking distance. At Mazatlán we took a city tour and of course they took us to a jewelry store first. We ate at a little restaurant two stores from the store and had guacamole and chips that were not only creative looking but really good along with the margarita. I thought Cabo would be hard for my mom with the wheelchair but they were very accommodating. We just walked around the area and went to Cabo Wabo. There are a lot of people coming at you with bus trips, pedi cabs, etc., but you can walk to most places. Don't bother with them. We had a balcony and enjoyed it when it was warm. I loved watching how the ship docked at the ports and get into such small spaces. The food was very good and we choose anytime dining. We met wonderful new people everyday. One night we ate at Sabatini's for an additional fee. The food was very good and the desert was not only beautiful but delicious. There were a lot of choices for the entertainment, so much so that it was hard to get to all of them. I went to Zumba every morning that the offered it. It gets crowded so get there early for a spot. The teacher (Mark) was lots of fun. I would definitely go back again.

First Time Cruiser

Grand Princess Cruise Review by piratequeen2

I would definitely go back again.
piratequeen2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC c237
Loved having a balcony. Room was small but we had plenty of places for our things. Take something to hang on the towel rack for your personal items as there is not much room to store things. We took extra hangers. They do supply you with some but we hung most of our clothes.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins