• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Gulfislander
2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Apr 2016
Cabin: Family Ocean View Stateroom

Our 2nd transatlantic cruise with RC. Will always try to travel to Europe this way instead of flying, which we find torture.

We don't drink or take excursions as we find these very overpriced, but always enjoy our cruises. My wife and I traveled with a friend and were given a family cabin (Cabin 2532) which was perfect for us. The cabin steward, Arlin, was great - low key, friendly and efficient.

We found the food not quite as good as on our previous cruise 4 years ago, but still pretty good. I'm a vegetarian and I decided to have most of my meals in the Windjammer as there was much more choice for me there. My companions preferred the dining room for the evening meal and tell me the service was excellent.

Family Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin FF

Great cabin. Beds very comfortable (but missed the Egyptian cotton sheets of our previous Royal Caribbean cruises). A nice curtained off area for the friend traveling with us . Small but efficient bathroom. Arlin was an excellent steward.

Port Reviews

Tampa

Did not see much of the city

Key West

Beautiful little port completely ruined by vulgar Disney style businesses vying for the almighty tourist dollar. Would avoid it like the plague!

Madeira (Funchal)

Loved it. Laid back place with gorgeous trees and flowers, interesting architecture and very reasonable prices. The locals have not learned to fleece the tourists. Kudos to them.

Malaga

Lovely park. Interesting cathedral. Nice walking streets.

Cartagena (Spain)

Rather dirty and unkempt. A lot of construction going on.

2 Helpful Votes