Marina Cruise Review

Marina Cruise Review by Eddie01Edster02

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

I chose this cruise lines because I thought they were above average and I was greatly disappointed. I paid a much higher price on this cruise line than others and it WAS NOT worth it. The food was average. The entertainment was not very good. The activities were very minimal unless you like trivia. The casino was the worst I have ever seen on a cruise ship.

On the plus side, the crew members was one of the friendliest I have seen and the ship was clean. For the most part the service was average.

I do feel this cruise line is deceptive in their advertisements. They did not have the lecture on Pitcarin Island until the day after we were there and the islanders had been onboard with their handicrafts. If this talk would have occurred before our visit there I am sure most cruisers would have had different feelings about this place. We did not get on Easter Island (the highlight of the trip) either due to high sea swells. I understand this but it should have been mentioned in the literature since it seemed common knowledge to the staff that this happens on a regular basis.

Oceania arranged my flight arrangements and we did not get to Papeete until after dark so we missed out on our first day that we could have been on the ship and we did not get to see Tahiti. The cruise lines cut our trip short a day due to a medical urgency. While I understand this, I feel some compensation should have been made to me and the rest of the passengers. The activities that last day were pitiful.

I will not be cruising with them again and will advise my friends not to do so either.

Eddie01Edster02's Full Rating Summary

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1 7090

Clean and the housekeeping staff did a good job

4x4 Safari

Great way to see this area. Guides were great

View All 8 4x4 Safari Reviews
4WD Excursion

Great way to see this area. Guides were great

View All 3 4WD Excursion Reviews
4WD Island Tour

Great way to see this area and the guides were great

View All 14 4WD Island Tour Reviews
City Tour

did not get our full time, we were dumped in a crammed hotel room at the end with no food or water on a hot day for 1 hour

View All 30 City Tour Reviews