• Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions
Vela Cruise Review

Best Vacation I every Had!

Vela Cruise Review by maervo

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: undefined

My husband and I have done the big cruise ship thing before and found it not to be what we were looking for. Sailing on the Vela was exactly what we wanted. We had the comforts of home, but were able to explore the locations we visited. Our cruise only had 14 other sailors so our small group got to know each other fast and had a wonderful time together. Everyone was there to have a good time and I can't remember laughing so much. We could do as little or as much as we wanted. My husband was often involved in the ship sailing, while I was found reading a book. The islands we visited had many options, from shopping, to snorkeling, to reconnecting to wifi. or you could just stay on the ship and enjoy the sea. The crew went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we could have possibly wanted. This was the best vacation I have ever had. My husband and I could completely unplug and relax. I am counting the days until we can go on another Island Windjammer cruise.

maervo's Full Rating Summary

Cabin deluxe cabin 14

Although small (You are on a 156ft. sailboat) it had everything we needed to sleep and get clean for the next day. Except to sleep I rarely spent time in my cabin.

maervo