• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ormkate
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

We arrived in Auckland 4 days early to enjoy the sights and sounds. Nice small city- easy to walk around. Jump on-off bus service available daily to see the sights and boat trips available round the bay. Lovely clean and fresh feel to the air and warm enough in March!

Because I owned up to having a sore throat had to wait 20 minutes for the nurse to reappear. Thought we were not going to be allowed on the cruise liner. People were being processed rapidly but not us. Nurse was miffed when a staff member pointed out that we had been waiting for her to reappear after her departure. Surprise, surprise once on board my sore throat did not seem to be a problem to anyone. (It developed into a full blown cold but I bought medication and treated myself for the next two weeks. We also made sure that we kept to ourselves to contain the germs.)

Thought we could enjoy a leisurely cruise round New Zealand and part of Australia seeing plenty of scenery. This was our first cruise and it was a special anniversary!

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VF

Bed extremely comfortable and plenty of storage wardrobes, drawers etc. Coffee table and chairs with TV.

Appreciated the use of the toweling robes whilst aboard and particularly liked the Elemis body cream. Even my husband used it.

The room was kept very well by cabin staff as was the bath room (which had bath, separate shower and two hand wash basis).

Find a Noordam Cruise from $699