This was my celebration cruise for my retirement and it was the perfect way to celebrate! We were upgraded to a Neptune Suite upon embarkation and everything from there was amazing! The food was excellent and, even though we ran into some bad weather along the way, the captain did a great job of keeping us out of the worst of it. Plenty to do during time at sea and the islands we visited were gorgeous. Truly the trip of a lifetime! The only complaint would be the cabin steward and I would have expected a much higher level of service for Neptune Suites. He paid no attention to details and we never got clean robes or beach towels unless we specifically asked. You would not want to use the same robe for 24 days at home and these should be changed out weekly, at the very least. Often our cabin was not cleaned until the afternoon, even though we had requested service for earlier so that we could feel free to nap in the afternoon if we wished. Otherwise, the entertainment was good, not spectacular, but enjoyable. The music was tailored to a bit older crowd, which was disappointing, but we managed to find plenty to do to keep us busy throughout the entire time.

Sailing past the Opera House in Sydney was truly a highlight.

Noordam Cruise Review by Gonegonegone

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Gonegonegone’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SB 7081
Very spacious but needs some updating. I believe this ship is scheduled to be refurbished soon, which will help with the overall impression. Balcony was huge and we used this so much during the cruise. Lots of storage space that we didn't discover under the beds until the last week and never filled it all!
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins