3. Legend of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas feedback from our trip on April-May 2016 from Brisbane to HongKong. Food at Windjammer Café Buffet: Extremely boring and monotonous. It looks like the leftovers were turned into quiches or curry. Did not see any prawns/shrimp for lunch or dinner. Very plain hard crust pizzas with a few slices of sausages or none on top. American bacon – but tough and not crunchy. The desserts have no taste ‘cuz almost all the desserts are either sugar-free or gluten free and they never changed for the 18 days we were sailing. Desserts are either mousse or jellies or very plain cake full of icings. Special Dining Room: Food is better but you will suffer from indigestion due to the service of waiters. As soon as I sat on the chair and I haven’t put my bag on the floor and the waiter is already shaking the napkin on my face and shoving the big menu board (bigger than A3 size). Then, my poor husband was given the list of drinks and 2 waiters are hard on sell – forcing him to buy a bottle of wine according to their recommendations. My husband wanted to see what wine he likes and was not left alone to enjoy a relax moment in this so-called Special Dining Room. We were assigned to this big table for 8-10 people and we were alone. There were a lot of tables with vacancies. So, we spoke to this Head Waiter (black guy in red coat) and requested nicely to put us on another table with people. He instantly shot our request down with a “No it cannot be done”. Not very diplomatic and not even trying to check if it is possible. Once you order your food, all 3 (entrée, main, and dessert) comes 1-minute apart. We feel being rushed and hurried that we’re not allowed to savour and enjoy the meals and socialised with other people. A few nights, we just went to the buffet because of the treatment by waiters shoving the food one after another in a rush manner. Rating out of 10: ZERO Land Tour Desk: I think the Manager Oliver is the only friendly one here. A fat short guy who served me even raised his voice on me when I just nicely inquired about something. Most of them will not elaborate or give me reason why – they will just answer my query with a harsh “No” with a face that looked like Ms Trunchbull on the movie Matilda. Land Tours: The tour desk staff were so disorganised. People have to wait inside the theatre. They have to go up to the front next to the stage to collect their stickers for their trip and then just sit anywhere. It was chaotic and totally not as organised as I saw on a Princess cruise. Our friends were so disappointed with their land tour because the bus waited and waited for missing people, and so the tour was rushed and cut short so that it will finish on time. They did not see much and paid so much for it. Cancelled tour: We booked and paid a land tour while still in Australia, and it was cancelled and we got a refund that is less than what we paid for because it was based on the tour prices on the ship. Service/Front Desk: This is manned by all nice Chinese staff and a tall guy who doesn’t smile. They should put a Filipino who can speak better English. I asked one Chinese staff if they have a postcard of the ship and she couldn’t understand me. So I said “a picture of the ship” and still didn’t understand. So, after queueing for 30minutes to get served, I left frustrated and my query not answered. The tall guy who served me has no friendly emotion in his face when he said “No” and that’s it. Philippine Health Check Passes: This was the worst nightmare for 1900 passengers who assembled at the Centrum as per written on the newsletter Compass. It was chaotic as people were queueing/lining up on wrong places; we could not find where to line-up and staff/crew who didn’t know what was going on – they were not informed. People on wheelchairs, walking sticks and old people getting so confused. Whoever is in-charge of this mess did not have a brain. Common sense is needed. Confiscated Items: My husband has a CPAP machine (which is a medical equipment) and he carries with it an extension cord. They confiscated the extension cord as passengers’ cords might cause fire in the ship. It was another chaotic exercise. Luckily, the cabin attendant provided him with an extension cord. The worst part here is when we were about to disembark in HongKong. We were told that we can collect the confiscated extension cord on the day of disembarkment and after we exited the ship. This sent my blood pressure up. The suitcases were being collected the night before reaching the port – this means that we have packed all our luggages and now have to leave a spare room in our hand carry for the bulky extension cord. Why can’t they give it back to us the night before so we can put them inside the big suitcases. Rating: ZERO Laundry: Inconsistency of rules. Legend promoted this “special deal” of $30 per bag of laundry but with a list that stated items are socks, underwear, Tshirt, shorts, swimwear, pj. The Service/Front Desk confirmed that items like blouse/pants are to be charged by item and are excluded in the special $30 bag. Other couple told me that they put those big items (blouse) in the bag and were not charged separately. So, you won’t know where you stand in terms of charges and it is in US dollars. Activity – Dutch Language: I don’t know why they wasted teaching “Dutch” to the passengers when what they needed is to at least greet in Indonesian or Malaysian language. So irrelevant – whoever planned this is so smart??? Disinfectant Girl at Windjammer Café: Sooooooo annoying 3 times a day to hear this little voice saying the same thing again and again….. “wishy washy yummy yummy happy happy….” With a tiny squirt of disinfectant that won’t kill the germs. They sounded like robots and they don’t know any other words except that annoying wishy washy…. Cabin Attendants: Our cabin attendant was very nice and very helpful. He even helped me translate things into Indonesian. Rating: 10/10 Summary: I am not a whinger but above are correct assessment of the Royal Caribbean Legend. It’s a real Legend for being Bad. We did not get sick at the Princess, but were sick on this ship. The staff on desks don’t seem to enjoy their job and it is reflected on the service they give passengers. No laundry machine for passenger and no fridge in cabin – we’ll be back at Princess.

True assessment of Legend

Shingleback’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas price drops

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin F 2568
Spacious but no fridge. Beds are low and cannot fit suitcase underneath.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins