3. Carnival Triumph
The food on the triumph wasn't the greatest. I remember one night having to give up on a piece of roasted duck. I say this to lead you into the following; the people and experiences were amazing. Every single person on the ship was, seemingly to me, genuinely nice and hospitable. The service was fantastic. The activities seemed to be endless. Every minute of every day was jam packed with fun stuff to do. The excursion to the Sacred Caverns in Santa Rosa, Yucatan (Port was Progresso) was an unforgettable event. Our tour guide's name was Claudia. She was sweet, knowledgeable, and informative. We explored underground caverns and snorkeled in the purest water. Surface temperature was over 100 degrees F; however, the water underneath the surface was clear and crisp at around 50 degrees F. The caverns that hold the water are breathtaking and are home to many swallows and a few bats. We ate Salbutes (authentic Mayan Tacos), consisting of a local sour orange marinated chicken with fresh cucumber, avocado, red onions, and the most delicious hand made tortillas imaginable. Do yourself a favor and go see these sacred caverns.

Sacred Cavern Excursion