3. Celebrity Reflection
This was our 2nd cruise, both on Celebrity. The cruise was the central part of our "dream vacation" and certainly lived up to our hopes and expectations. I normally don't write reviews but this site has been very helpful to us in the past I want to return to the favor for those using this site in the future. As this was our 2nd cruise, we are still in awe of the cruise experience and lifestyle and this might skew our evaluations a little. Not knowing how the embarkation process would be we arrived at the cruise port early and were presently surprised to be on the ship within 1 hour. the whole process was very organized and painless and by noon we were having lunch in the Ocean View buffet. We were in Aqua class so the little extras provided including priority embarkation was appreciated and definitely worth the money. The cabin was well designed with plenty of storage space. We were on deck 11 and it was very quiet. Most of our evening meals were in the Blu restaurant which is exclusive to Aqua class members and provides a welcome break from "group" dining venues. We found the menu selection very good on most nights. there was only 1 night when the daily specials were not appealing to me and I had to "settle" for the steak which was very good. We enjoyed the appetizers as they were dishes that we would not normally prepare or order at home. The service was outstanding and each evening we enjoyed wonderful conversations with those around us. On our last night, we were seated between 2 other couples and proceeded to spend the next 2 and 1/2 hours solving the worlds problems as we closed the place down! the rest of our meals were mainly in the Ocean View buffet with the selection being vey good and the food tasty if not piping hot. We loved the design and layout of the ship. Having been on a Solstice class ship before we were familiar with the layout but still enjoyed exploring. We liked using the relaxation lounge ( a perk of Aqua class I think), and the many lounges, bars and common areas throughout the ship. We never felt like we were on a ship with 3000 other passengers. My wife likes to shop so we spent what I thought was an inordinate amount of time in the shopping mall but it was her vacation too. I do have 1 complaint on what Celebrity has done with the lawn area on deck 15. On our first cruise 5 years ago we enjoyed hanging out on the lawn and relaxing. With much of the area on this cruise off limits and especially with the creation of the for fee cabanas made the whole area inaccessible to us regular passengers. A prime area such as this should be open to all. The many ports of call were one of the reasons we chose this sailing and we took advantage of all ports. Did not use any of Celebrity tours as we find them expensive. My wife and I have travelled and lived around the world and prefer to make our own way around when in port. disembarkation was very quick and easy in all ports, even when we tendered in Santorini. We were cognizant of concerns raised by prior reviews as to the soft and hard sell atmosphere on the cruise and staffs fixation to upsell products and services. This was corroborated on this cruise but knowing up front what to expect and politely saying no made it a non issue. We did sample some of the entertainment although rarely sitting through an entire performance. We were aware of some of the comments made about the quality but after all, this was a cruise ship, not Las Vegas or Broadway. I likened it to good community theater productions, if not perfect, enjoyable and refreshing. Living in Texas, we also were not concerned too much for the pool area. When we did make our way to the pool and pool bar it was never excessively crowded. Spring break it was not. disembarkation was also vey easy and quick. so much so that we had to wait for our transportation at the cruise terminal as we did not plan on breezing through this process. Overall, this was a memorable cruise that we would definitely take again. the staff were incredibly accommodating and we met some wonderful people on board. it definitely lived up to our expextations and more

A vacation comes true!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by westexas1

westexas1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1637
We had a lot of luggage and had plenty of storage space.
Deck 11 vey quiet