• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Regatta Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

The quality of the past has gone downhill -- there are better options.

Review for Regatta to South America
zatman
2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin:

We had previously cruised twice with Oceania and were quite satisfied. This time was a disaster! Half the crew didn't speak English so most of the service was poor. They lost our luggage on the ship and claimed they had four people looking on every deck for it. his went on for over 2 hours. My wife found it in 15 minutes on one of the lower decks. They held us when we arrived in Argentina for 3 hours because the ship needed to be sanitized. The food which on prior cruises had been quite good, was now sub-standard in both the dining rooms and the specialty restaurants.

When we reported some of these problems to the head concierge, he was indifferent and instead of addressing our difficulties proceeded to tell us his problems. As a final issue, I had a serious injury on one of their excursions. The ship's doctor took several x-rays and diagnosed it as a sprain and pulled tendon. When I returned home, it was x-rayed again and turned out to be a broken ankle which required immediate attention.

I detailed all of this in a letter to Frank Del Reo, the CEO of Oceania As expected, we never received a response.

9 Helpful Votes