Crystal Symphony Cruise Review

Exceeded our high expectations!

Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Aqua67!

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah

Still readjusting to normal life after leaving Chrystal Symphony a few days ago.

We had the most wonderful time as first time cruisers, I can't imagine cruising with anyone else.

We had done our research and felt Crystal would be right for us yet were still overwhelmed by how perfect everything was.

Our embarkation and disembarkation were swift and guided by CC staff.

We were delighted with our cabin. Some reviewers had mentioned the CS cabins were small but we thought it was spacious and we are not tiny people.

The dining on board was simply exquisite. The standard of food served in the dining room and specialty restaurants was equal to the best I've experienced anywhere in the world. The buffet and bistro food was also impressive.

We enjoyed the shows and the various musical ensembles.

The few activities we attended were presented with enthusiasm and encouragement.

We were very happy with our shore excursions.

For us though the most memorable part of the cruise other than the fabulous places we visited and the new friends we made was the staff.

We had heard anecdotally and read that CC staff are special but until you have experienced it first hand you have no idea.

They were incredible. From the moment we arrived we felt it. Our names were quickly learned by the staff we saw frequently and we never passed a single employee without them saying hello. My desire for black tea at breakfast and dinner was remembered and delivered without request. My lovely waiter sneaking a dessert onto my plate when I had ordered fruit only, "just to try my lady". These are just a few examples.

We so enjoyed our cruise we booked another whilst on board and are hoping friends will join us.

We can't wait to get back on board!

Aqua67!'s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin B2 8025

Beautifully finished. Surprising amount of cupboard and wardrobe space. Immaculate bathroom. Almost soundproof. Heard very little noise. The most comfortable bed I have slept in away from home. Superior quality bed linen and heavenly pillows.

Amalfi Coast

Not able to spend much time at Pompeii due to the long drive along the coast. Possibly better to just do one or the other.

View All 20 Amalfi Coast Reviews
Pompeii Walking Tour

View All 30 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
Rome (Civitavecchia)

Not much at Civitavecchia but a few things to do in Rome

Aqua67!