Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Second Cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Geranium Blooms

• Sail Date: Jun 2015
  • Destination: Alaska

May 11th, 2016. Hello everyone. My sister and I cruised to Alaska last June. It was my first cruise and I loved it. We were on Jewel of the Seas and traveled to Juneau and Skagway. We rode the train through the mountains and learned about the gold rush days. We stopped off at Victoria, British Columbia and had a spot of tea. Everything was so elegant and grand. The staff on the Jewel of the Sea were so attentive and friendly. I have never been so pampered and cared for. I am usually the one taking care of everyone, so the role reversal was truly special.

I enjoyed the stage performers, and the comedians. The musical talent was Vegas style and so bright and colorful. The singers were professional and enthusiastic. I especially appreciated how the scenery passed before me as I leisurely sat and savored the view. I am not up to climbing museum steps, and chasing after tour guides, so this was just my pace. I am currently planning to sail on Enchantment of the Seas in September. I am looking forward to the experience. I haven't been to Florida for 40 years, so I am excited to see all the changes. I have never been to the Bahamas but my daughter went there with her college friends and I admit I was jealous. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on this cruise. I look forward to being out on the ocean with the wind in my hair, and the salt water lapping at the side of the ship. I hope the food and service is just as wonderful as it was on the Jewel of the Sea Alaskan Cruise.

Geranium Blooms's Full Rating Summary

City Tour

We decided to get on board a bus and see the sites of the town. Our guide was fun and enthusiastic and enjoyed living in Juneau year round.

View All 56 City Tour Reviews
White Pass Scenic Railway

The train was old but in good shape. The railway was intact but definitely old. I enjoyed how the conductor wore the old style uniform, and kept the history of the train and the gold rush days memorable.

View All 1212 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
Butchart Gardens

The flowers were all in bloom and the pathways were easy to navigate.

View All 308 Butchart Gardens Reviews
High Tea at the Empress Hotel

We sat with Miss Jane Marple as she described the details of her latest case..............no, not really, but it felt like it. Very Victorian and homey, and elegant and posh all at the same time. The tiny cakes were so decorative. I ate everything with no regrets.

View All 22 High Tea at the Empress Hotel Reviews
City Tour

We saw the canal and locks. Our tour guide was so informative. I especially liked it when he showed us the house boat that was used in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle".

View All 56 City Tour Reviews
Pike Place Market

We walked around Pikes Place Market and watched the fish get thrown between the merchants and admired the tie dyed t-shirts. There were so many foods to collect and sample, and vibrant flowers!! My feet started to hurt before I had a chance to see it all. We rode the monorail, and took a tour on a trolley. Very busy place.

View All 61 Pike Place Market Reviews
Space Needle

What a treat to sit in the restaurant and slowly revolve around enjoying the view. I kept looking for our ship in the port. The food was delicious.

View All 54 Space Needle Reviews