3. Adventure of the Seas
May 11th, 2016. Hello everyone. My sister and I cruised to Alaska last June. It was my first cruise and I loved it. We were on Jewel of the Seas and traveled to Juneau and Skagway. We rode the train through the mountains and learned about the gold rush days. We stopped off at Victoria, British Columbia and had a spot of tea. Everything was so elegant and grand. The staff on the Jewel of the Sea were so attentive and friendly. I have never been so pampered and cared for. I am usually the one taking care of everyone, so the role reversal was truly special. I enjoyed the stage performers, and the comedians. The musical talent was Vegas style and so bright and colorful. The singers were professional and enthusiastic. I especially appreciated how the scenery passed before me as I leisurely sat and savored the view. I am not up to climbing museum steps, and chasing after tour guides, so this was just my pace. I am currently planning to sail on Enchantment of the Seas in September. I am looking forward to the experience. I haven't been to Florida for 40 years, so I am excited to see all the changes. I have never been to the Bahamas but my daughter went there with her college friends and I admit I was jealous. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on this cruise. I look forward to being out on the ocean with the wind in my hair, and the salt water lapping at the side of the ship. I hope the food and service is just as wonderful as it was on the Jewel of the Sea Alaskan Cruise.

Second Cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Geranium Blooms

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Alaska

Geranium Blooms’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

• City Tour
    We decided to get on board a bus and see the sites of the town. Our guide was fun and enthusiastic and enjoyed living in Juneau year round.
    View All 52 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    We saw the canal and locks. Our tour guide was so informative. I especially liked it when he showed us the house boat that was used in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle".
    View All 43 City Tour Reviews
  • Pike Place Market
    We walked around Pikes Place Market and watched the fish get thrown between the merchants and admired the tie dyed t-shirts. There were so many foods to collect and sample, and vibrant flowers!! My feet started to hurt before I had a chance to see it all. We rode the monorail, and took a tour on a trolley. Very busy place.
    View All 53 Pike Place Market Reviews
  • Space Needle
    What a treat to sit in the restaurant and slowly revolve around enjoying the view. I kept looking for our ship in the port. The food was delicious.
    View All 39 Space Needle Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    The train was old but in good shape. The railway was intact but definitely old. I enjoyed how the conductor wore the old style uniform, and kept the history of the train and the gold rush days memorable.
    View All 961 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Butchart Gardens
    The flowers were all in bloom and the pathways were easy to navigate.
    View All 246 Butchart Gardens Reviews
  • High Tea at the Empress Hotel
    We sat with Miss Jane Marple as she described the details of her latest case..............no, not really, but it felt like it. Very Victorian and homey, and elegant and posh all at the same time. The tiny cakes were so decorative. I ate everything with no regrets.
    View All 19 High Tea at the Empress Hotel Reviews