• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Geranium Blooms
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin:
My sister and I boarded the ship and waited in the Windjammer for our room
The Sunsets were so beautiful, and the trip through the pass was slow
The train ride was a bit scary because we were so close to the edge
I had the opportunity to see glaciers, floating ice chunks, and  seals sunning
The best experience was exploring the ship and enjoying the staff

May 11th, 2016. Hello everyone. My sister and I cruised to Alaska last June. It was my first cruise and I loved it. We were on Jewel of the Seas and traveled to Juneau and Skagway. We rode the train through the mountains and learned about the gold rush days. We stopped off at Victoria, British Columbia and had a spot of tea. Everything was so elegant and grand. The staff on the Jewel of the Sea were so attentive and friendly. I have never been so pampered and cared for. I am usually the one taking care of everyone, so the role reversal was truly special.

I enjoyed the stage performers, and the comedians. The musical talent was Vegas style and so bright and colorful. The singers were professional and enthusiastic. I especially appreciated how the scenery passed before me as I leisurely sat and savored the view. I am not up to climbing museum steps, and chasing after tour guides, so this was just my pace. I am currently planning to sail on Enchantment of the Seas in September. I am looking forward to the experience. I haven't been to Florida for 40 years, so I am excited to see all the changes. I have never been to the Bahamas but my daughter went there with her college friends and I admit I was jealous. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on this cruise. I look forward to being out on the ocean with the wind in my hair, and the salt water lapping at the side of the ship. I hope the food and service is just as wonderful as it was on the Jewel of the Sea Alaskan Cruise.

1 Helpful Vote