Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

This was our 4th cruise on RCCL and I doubt we will ever book another with them.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by desertr0se

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I chose this cruise because it was priced right and I wanted to experience this ship. I also had never been to Labadee, their private island.

The ship was beautiful and very clean. The cabin and especially the bathroom was quite small for a balcony stateroom. We had purchased 3 nights in specialty restaurants prior to the cruise. When we got on board, a man from the Sabor Mexican restaurant said we could save money if we purchased a 5 night dining pkg. So he said he would make all the arrangements for us and cancel our original reservations. He didn't! It took us 3 days to get it all straightened out. I even went to the front desk for help and they handed me their phone. No customer service at all. I do not recommend the specialty restaurants.

I never met the lady who cleaned our cabin. She gave us 3 bath towels on day one and only 2 every day after that.

The Ice Dancing show was very nice. Nice costumes and music. Lots of talent!!

The food was nothing to write home about. I would not recommend the Isumi Asian restaurant unless you enjoy cooking your own food on a hot rock. Chops Grill was pretty good. Don't order the lasagna in Giovanni's because there is no cheese in it, meat sauce and noodles.

I asked the waiter at lunch in the dining room for the soup of the day. I just wanted to know what it was. His response... "I'll get to that".

Wear your shoes to the beach in Labadee because the sand is full of rocks and coral, very bad for cuts and bruises. Watch the vendors on Labadee because they are more aggressive than what you see in Mexico! Labadee is nothing compared to Half Moon Cay. You cruisers from HAL know how staff offer to bring you a drink on the beach at Half Moon Cay? Well, you will not see that service on Labadee. They even charged us for a chair to sit down!!

We did not do any excursions because we have been to all the islands previously.

We are four star mariners on Holland America. We will stick with them in the future.

desertr0se's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E2 6540

Small Cabin, balcony door was hard to open and close, balcony was small, bathroom had a shower, no tub and was very small. Bed was okay.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

We love Fort Lauderdale. Ride the Sun Shuttle. Stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street, Eat at Gilbert's behind the hotel.

Labadee

Bad service, no coke or tequila available, Rocks and coral in the sand, very aggressive natives selling junk.

desertr0se