• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Cruise Junky
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2016
Cabin: Family Ocean View with Balcony

We booked this cruise for my 50th Birthday and it did not disappoint. I was initially hesitant about booking on an “older” ship a we loved Solstice so much so I was a bit disappointed to find the perfect itinerary on an M class ship but I’m so glad we took the plunge and booked.

We were in an FV, 7201 and loved it. We’ve had the corner one on Millennium (7199) and while it does have a bigger deck we really enjoyed the glass rather than metal railing of 7201 and we were more protected from the wind. Let’s face it, there is nothing to complain about if you can get an FV.

We landed in Rome after a stop in Frankfurt and rested for the night at the Hilton Airport Hotel. Hotel was fine, breakfast was good and included in our rate. Next morning we picked up a rental car from Europecar and headed down to Positano on the Amalfi Coast for three nights. AMAZING! We stayed at the Hotel Marincanto and it was just lovely.

Family Ocean View with Balcony

Cabin FV

Fantastic. Not a corner one but still fantastic.

9 Helpful Votes