3. Aegean Odyssey
We chose this cruise ( a cruise of a life time) because it commenced in Singapore then other ports where we disembarked at Mumbai then continued to the "Golden Triangle" by other means. We paid £11000-00 for a Deluxe Outside Cabin this was not reflected in reality. The cabin although clean was tired and required a major refit. The daylight curtains I would suggest had not seem a washing machine in many a month. The main problem was with the bathroom. The water constantly ran red with rust daily. this prevented proper washing and especially inconvenient for my wife hair shampooing. The soap provided was laughable, a tablet the size of a small eraser. We had numerous problems with the cabin lock being on one occasion locked out for five hours. The internet on board costing £28-00 per secission was not fit for purpose. It either did not connect or dropped out at any time. The dining arrangements were fine but the quality of the food I suggest was at best good canteen.The service in the premier restaurant was slow and unpredictable. Lecturers were good and entertaining also the shore excursions. I have made theses observations available to the Company whoo firstly dismissed the bathroom problems as not meaningful and offer a rebate on the internet which I returned. Since then I having written again with revealing photographs of the bathroom problems the Company has now offered a 15% discount from my next booking which is meaningless to me as I will not be cruising with the Company ever again and certainly can't recommend their services to other potential clients.

Exposure good to ports visited but overshadowed by cabin problems

Aegean Odyssey Cruise Review by Mahalski

• Sail Date: February 2016
  • Destination: Asia

We paid £11000-00 for a Deluxe Outside Cabin this was not reflected in reality.

Mahalski’s Full Rating Summary